Q. I have colorless and odorless discharge. Is it due to hormonal imbalance?

Dr. Sunita Kothari

I am a 30 year old female. I am suffering from white discharge since the last four months. It is colorless, odorless with no itchiness and the quantity of the discharge is more than normal. Two years back, I had a similar problem for which I was advised to take Fluconazole 150 mg three tablets for three weeks and it was cured after that. So, this time again I took the same medicine but it did not help.

One more thing I have noticed is that I am getting a lot of acne on my face since that time, and a little bit on the back too. I got my thyroid function test and blood sugar test done recently, both of them are normal.

I would like to bring one more thing to your notice that I am a married girl, but my husband and I are staying separately for work commitments, so in these last four months I have been to his place thrice and whenever I visit there, there is no white discharge. I have a very low libido and that affects my married life too. I have been married for the past one and a half years. Is my problem of white discharge due to hormonal imbalance?

#

I suggest starting FAS-3 kit (Fluconazole, Azithromycin, and Secnidazole) weekly, one tab eight hourly for three weeks. Then insert Canesten (Clotrimazole) vaginal cream internally for seven days. Then Candid (Clotrimazole) dusting powder externally. Start tablet Yaz (Drospirenone) for less libido for four to six months at a fixed time. Do not miss a single tablet once started. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicine with their consent.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention I am allergic to Metronidazole and its group. I have been using Clean and Dry powder too. So is it alright if I take these medicines?

#

If you are allergic to Metronidazole do not take FAS-3 kit as it contains Secnidazole which is again a notorious drug. You can take Fluconazole 150 mg once a day with milk for five days. Do not worry as you have taken this before. It should be given up to 14 days.

|