Q. Are the medicines given to me for scabies correct?

Answered by Dr. Atishay Bukharia and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Scabies or Hiv? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I was diagnosed with scabies, and now I am worried my family also has it. The doctor has prescribed Permethrin cream 5%, Ketoconazole cream, Flutas 150 mg, and Levocetirizine. Are these tablets fine or should I add anything more? What should I do with the furniture and mobile phones? I had protected sexual intercourse 60 days ago, and my HIV result (ELISA test) was negative after 60 days of exposure, and other STDs were also negative. Should I worry about HIV now? What are the probabilities to have HIV and scabies together? My lymphocyte and other blood count numbers were fine. Even if I have HIV, can I spread it to the whole family by skin contact or eating in the utensils used by them? Please explain.