Q. Are the medicines given to me for scabies correct?

I was diagnosed with scabies, and now I am worried my family also has it. The doctor has prescribed Permethrin cream 5%, Ketoconazole cream, Flutas 150 mg, and Levocetirizine. Are these tablets fine or should I add anything more? What should I do with the furniture and mobile phones? I had protected sexual intercourse 60 days ago, and my HIV result (ELISA test) was negative after 60 days of exposure, and other STDs were also negative. Should I worry about HIV now? What are the probabilities to have HIV and scabies together? My lymphocyte and other blood count numbers were fine. Even if I have HIV, can I spread it to the whole family by skin contact or eating in the utensils used by them? Please explain.

#

Permethrin is fine, but Fluconazole and Ketoconazole have no role in scabies. Permethrin has to be applied two times, one week apart and every member of the family should apply it at the same time.

Leave the furniture and mobile as it is, as transmission rarely occurs through these. Clothes are the main culprit.

Scabies is common in advanced HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). No, touching and sharing will not transmit HIV, and if the sex was protected, then you are not at risk.

For more information consult an allergy specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/allergy-specialist

|