Q. How to prevent FSGS from developing into kidney failure?

Dr. Sandeep Varma

I was diagnosed with FSGS through kidney biopsy. What is the best thing to do regarding my diet? And also, how to prevent this from developing into a kidney failure?

#

• In FSGS (focal segmental glomerulosclerosis) as with most of the kidney diseases with protein leak, it is beneficial to restrict protein in the diet, especially animal protein. Salt restriction and restriction of oil and fatty foods are also recommended.
  • Proper medications as suggested by the nephrologist like steroids and Cyclosporine or Tacrolimus are useful to prevent the disease from progressing.

The magnitude of reduction in protein leak in urine is the marker for improvement.

For more information consult a nephrologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

|