Q. Is it safe to use Xolair for urticaria?

Answered by Dr. Chaitra Prakash and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria or Urticaria? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have been suffering from preliminary chronic urticaria for unknown causes for the last 13 years. It is not responding to antihistamine treatment for the past six years. Sometimes, it gets as severe as I have to use Corticosterone injection (Diprofos). All blood analysis showed no cause. Dermatologist started to recommend immunity treatment such as Arpimune, which is better but very slow. Finally an immunity and allergy doctor recommended Xolair (Omalizumab) for six months. Shall I use it?