I am having side effects after taking Metpure. Please help.

Q. Are headaches and low blood sugar side effects of Metpure?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abdelrahman Abouibrahim
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 07, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 28, 2024

I had my BP 140/90 mmHg. The doctor advised me to take tablet Metpure XL 25 mg in the morning. I am using the tablet in the morning for last 20 days. Soon after taking it, I feel lazy and dull. I also experience a headache after taking the tablet. So, I am using Metpure XL 12.5 mg in the morning or evening and remaining Metpure XL 12.5 mg at night. Sometimes, I am skipping one of the doses. Will it be fine? I have a feeling that there is a fall in my sugar level after taking Metpure XL 25 mg. Is it a side effect? I am not diabetic. How long will the side effects exist? Will it continue? Or will it get settled down? Can I go for homeopathic treatment?

#

I can understand all your concerns. You have mild hypertension which requires lifestyle changes with a small dose of antihypertensive. Lifestyle changes include low salt diet and 30 minutes walking for five days a week. Metpure XL 25 mg tablet is a good choice. It is taken once daily in the morning. Side effects include dizziness and hypoglycemia (low sugar level). The headache and dizziness will resolve over time, you can use Paracetamol tablets. You can stick to strict lifestyle changes and homeopathic treatment as long as your blood pressure is below 140/90 mmHg.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|