Q. I am having a particle on my eye and could not predict it. What would it be?

Dr. Souhad
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Aug 16, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 20, 2019

I have a particle on my eye and cannot tell if it is a scratch or something else. What could it be?

Dr. Souhad

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Unfortunately, the image is taken at too close a distance and is not so informative (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If before the incident you were working with wood or metal and without protective goggles then you should visit an ophthalmologist or ER doctor to have the eye examined correctly and in case of the foreign body remove it.

If not, then start irrigating the eye thoroughly with clean water. You can place the eye under the tap if you do not have a syringe or a device to flush out any foreign body. If the foreign body sensation stops, then you were successful in flushing it out, if not, then please visit the doctor as mentioned above.

Will my eyes get affected while watching the esophagus manometry?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a question about radiation. I had an esophageal manometry with high resolution together with a video scan of the esophagus. I was in a high flat bed and had contrast-liquid while they looked at my esophagus emptying that is swallowing process. They of course used as a small dose ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The radiation is focused on the location of study and therefore the x-ray emitted was towards your esophagus. Your eyes were safe and did not receive harmful levels of radiation. The nurse is supposed to wear the glasses because she attends many procedures on a daily basi...  Read Full

I have frequent and recurring stye problem.Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I have frequent and recurring stye problem. Please advise.  Read Full >>

Dr. Dada Peer K
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.Stye is an infective condition of the glands of the eyelids. This is caused by infection with common bacteria like staphylococci. The treatment is mainly by the use of antibiotic eye drops and oral anti-inflammatory drugs. Use of hot compression will provide symptomatic...  Read Full

Dry Eyes After Cataract Surgery

Article Overview: This article deals with the surgery-induced dryness of the eyes, and this is important because often it may so happen that you may not be informed about this possibility before undergoing surgery. So, this article will help you be more informed about the outcome. Read Article

Dr. Shikha
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Eye surgeries including cataract surgery and refractive surgeries have advanced with newer developments in the field. But regardless of the surgery that you undergo, the incidence of dryness increases post-surgery and the incidence is higher in the predisposed individuals. This can be seen in patie...  Read Article