Q. I am having a particle on my eye and could not predict it. What would it be?

Dr. Souhad
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 16, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I have a particle on my eye and cannot tell if it is a scratch or something else. What could it be?

#

Unfortunately, the image is taken at too close a distance and is not so informative (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If before the incident you were working with wood or metal and without protective goggles then you should visit an ophthalmologist or ER doctor to have the eye examined correctly and in case of the foreign body remove it.

If not, then start irrigating the eye thoroughly with clean water. You can place the eye under the tap if you do not have a syringe or a device to flush out any foreign body. If the foreign body sensation stops, then you were successful in flushing it out, if not, then please visit the doctor as mentioned above.

|