Protective Eye Wear

I have a particle on my eye and cannot tell if it is a scratch or something else. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a particle on my eye and cannot tell if it is a scratch or something else. What could it be?  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unfortunately, the image is taken at too close a distance and is not so informative (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If before the incident you were working with wood or metal and without protective goggles then you should visit an ophthalmologist or...  Read Full »

Does watching esophagus manometry affect the eyes?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a question about radiation. I had an esophageal manometry with high resolution together with a video scan of the esophagus. I was in a high flat bed and had contrast-liquid while they looked at my esophagus emptying that is swallowing process. They of course used as a small dose ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The radiation is focused on the location of study and therefore the x-ray emitted was towards your esophagus. Your eyes were safe and did not receive harmful levels of radiation. The nurse is supposed to wear the glasses because she attends many procedures on a daily basi...  Read Full »

I developed black spots on the white part of my eyes after glue went in. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, When I was opening a powerful glue bottle, two small drops of glue went into my left eye. After two months, I observed black spots on the whitish part of my eye. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. An adhesive glue is a non-toxic one. It can cause stinging, irritation, foreign body sensation and mild redness, if it is not removed from the eye. But, these are just for a few hours or a couple of days. The most important thing to do is urgently wash your eyes with wate...  Read Full »

I have frequent and recurring stye problem.Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I have frequent and recurring stye problem. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.Stye is an infective condition of the glands of the eyelids. This is caused by infection with common bacteria like staphylococci. The treatment is mainly by the use of antibiotic eye drops and oral anti-inflammatory drugs. Use of hot compression will provide symptomatic...  Read Full »

Can I take one teaspoon of honey everyday to treat my allergy symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two questions. I have for years had mild sinus and allergy symptoms that I can manage but I did find this great idea about raw honey, where it includes bee pollen; which somehow has many benefits also for sinus and allergies. What I want to know is this; is a teaspoon...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your health query and want to add that you can safely take one teaspoonful of honey that is 5 mL per day. There is no harm in taking it. Honey is beneficial in many ways and helps cure a lot of diseases. Yes, infrared can be harmful to y...  Read Full »

Is there any risk from short-term exposure to ethanol?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to know if there is a short-term health risk due to the inhalation of 70 % ethanol and isopropyl alcohol. I do not mean the hand wash, but the pure liquid, which I use for electronic repairing and cleaning. I almost always use an organic vapor mask or gas mask. If I work long...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An occasional brief exposure of not more than two minutes, as you mentioned, can be done without a mask. However, it is always recommended to use protection when dealing with poisonous gases, especially when you are working in that environment regularly. For more infor...  Read Full »