Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Is there any home remedies for Tight Foreskin (Phimosis)?

Answered by
Dr. Alka
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 06, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 06, 2019

Hello doctor,

I am 19 years old. I have a tight foreskin. Please suggest me the remedies and the types of oil used to roll back the skin.

Dr. Alka

Ayurveda Specialist


Welcome to

The problem of a tight foreskin is known as phimosis.

In phimosis, the patients feel a variety of symptoms.

  • Sometimes a patient may find it hard to urinate due to the tight foreskin and may usually suffer from urinary tract infections.
  • Some people do not have any problem while urination, but they may find difficulty during intercourse and they cannot enjoy their sexual activity as much as they want due to the tight foreskin. So, you have to find out the intensity of the problem that you are going through.

If your foreskin is not troubling your urination or if you only feel mild to moderate difficulty, then you can use sesame oil. In case you do not find sesame oil, then you can also use coconut oil.

Massaging Your Foreskin:

Use sesame oil or coconut oil for massaging your foreskin and try to retract it. Do it with moderate strength. You can do this act twice a day. For some time, you may find it little painful due to tight foreskin, but gradually your skin will start loosening. You have to do it regularly and you can see the change within a month.

If the foreskin is excessively tight, then massage or any other thing would not help you. All you need is a surgical visit.

Surgical Method (Circumcision):

The surgeon will do a mild procedure known as circumcision. This procedure will cut your excessive tight foreskin in one visit and it is a daycare procedure and completely a safe procedure. It will not interfere with your urination or with your sexual activity.

The Probable causes:

By birth or sometimes excessive masturbation.

Regarding follow up:

Revert back after a month to an urologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
My son's penis tip is very narrow. How to correct that?
I have phimosis. Will sex be a problem for me?
My foreskin is tight and not coming down. Please help.

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I put scotch tape on penis to regenerate foreskin. Will my babies have birth defects?

Query: Hello doctor, To make a long story short, I used scotch tape and micropore tape respectively on my penis. Two straps of tape were attached to the penis in the form of a cross, so that they met in the tip of the penis' head, while the ends went all the way down to the skin of the shaft. This allowed...  Read Full »

Through ayurveda, how to release tight foreskin?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old married male. I am facing the foreskin tightness, but there are no cuts. Sometimes, it makes me uncomfortable in intercourse. Please help with some ayurveda medicine.  Read Full »

Can I use steroid creams for phimosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I think I have phimosis. In a flaccid condition, I can retract my foreskin to a certain level. But when erect, the foreskin goes down only a few centimeters, and only one fourth of the glans is visible. Is it possible to enjoy painless sex without any treatment?  Read Full »

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.