Q. Is there any home remedies for Tight Foreskin (Phimosis)?

Dr. Alka

I am 19 years old. I have a tight foreskin. Please suggest me the remedies and the types of oil used to roll back the skin.

Do you have a question on Foreskin or Circumcision Of Penis?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Alka

BACHELOR OF AYURVEDIC MEDICINE AND SURGERY(B.A.M.S)., MASTERS IN HEALTHCARE SERVICES

The problem of a tight foreskin is known as phimosis.

In phimosis, the patients feel a variety of symptoms.

• Sometimes a patient may find it hard to urinate due to the tight foreskin and may usually suffer from urinary tract infections.
  • Some people do not have any problem while urination, but they may find difficulty during intercourse and they cannot enjoy their sexual activity as much as they want due to the tight foreskin. So, you have to find out the intensity of the problem that you are going through.

If your foreskin is not troubling your urination or if you only feel mild to moderate difficulty, then you can use sesame oil. In case you do not find sesame oil, then you can also use coconut oil.

Massaging Your Foreskin:

Use sesame oil or coconut oil for massaging your foreskin and try to retract it. Do it with moderate strength. You can do this act twice a day. For some time, you may find it little painful due to tight foreskin, but gradually your skin will start loosening. You have to do it regularly and you can see the change within a month.

If the foreskin is excessively tight, then massage or any other thing would not help you. All you need is a surgical visit.

Surgical Method (Circumcision):

The surgeon will do a mild procedure known as circumcision. This procedure will cut your excessive tight foreskin in one visit and it is a daycare procedure and completely a safe procedure. It will not interfere with your urination or with your sexual activity.

By birth or sometimes excessive masturbation.

Revert back after a month to an urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

I put scotch tape on penis to regenerate foreskin. Will my babies have birth defects?
Query: Hello doctor, To make a long story short, I used scotch tape and micropore tape respectively on my penis. Two straps of tape were attached to the penis in the form of a cross, so that they met in the tip of the penis' head, while the ends went all the way down to the skin of the shaft. This allowed...  Read Full »
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I could not understand what made you do this practice and what benefit would you expect in this practice? There are no scientific studies available to support using this practice. Let me give my opinion. First of all, the mucous membrane is one of the highly sensit...  Read Full »

Through ayurveda, how to release tight foreskin?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old married male. I am facing the foreskin tightness, but there are no cuts. Sometimes, it makes me uncomfortable in intercourse. Please help with some ayurveda medicine.  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The tightness of foreskin is called phimosis. According to ayurveda, you need oleation therapy both internally as well as externally. Oleation therapy will solve your problem. In case you have some infection, redness or swelling along with tightness, then you need t...  Read Full »

Can I use steroid creams for phimosis?
Query: Hi doctor, I think I have phimosis. In a flaccid condition, I can retract my foreskin to a certain level. But when erect, the foreskin goes down only a few centimeters, and only one fourth of the glans is visible. Is it possible to enjoy painless sex without any treatment?  Read Full »
Dr. Praveen Pushkar
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is better to go for circumcision because sometimes during sex, your foreskin may retract completely and bleed. It may also swell up. Circumcision has a lot of advantages. So, I will recommend circumcision. For more information consult a urologi...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now