Q. My foreskin is tight. How can I loosen my foreskin?

Dr. Nidhin Mohan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 03, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2020

I am a 25 year old male. My foreskin is tight and it is difficult and hurts to pull back my skin off the head when erect but goes back with less effort when not erect. How can I loosen my foreskin at home?

#

Home-based treatment methods for tight foreskin (phimosis) are not recommended.

Easy treatment is circumcision meaning foreskin is removed. It is a simple and safe procedure done as a day care procedure. It does not require admission also.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Is there any other option other than circumcision?

#

A lot of home remedies like gentle pulling of the foreskin, etc., are mentioned. All these methods are harmful. Do not attempt them.

Circumcision is a simple and safe procedure. Speak to a urologist or a general surgeon close to you and get it done. It does not even require admission.

I am not asking about home remedies. What I want to know is if there is any other clinical option other than circumcision?

#

Frenuloplasty is another procedure which is rarely done in minor cases of tight foreskin.

There is no medical management like corticosteroid creams which have any proven benefit. In fact, corticosteroid creams can increase the risk of infection in prepuce. So, it is not recommended and it also does not reverse the phimosis.

Is there going to be any problem if it is not cured?

#

During sex, when the skin is not able to fully pull back, it causes problems in intercourse. If it is accidentally pulled back fully, it causes paraphimosis which is painful and needs to be treated immediately.

To avoid these problems, it is better to get a circumcision done.

|