Q. My son's penis tip is very narrow. How to correct that?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 07, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

My 2 year old son's penis tip has a very narrow opening. The foreskin at the bottom part is quite flexible, but it seems to be attached to the inner meatus at the tip. When I try to pull back the foreskin for cleaning gently, the inner meatus is hardly visible. Earlier, he used to have ballooning while peeing. After application of a corticosteroid cream (Betamil GM) for a couple of months, the ballooning has gone completely. But, the opening is very tiny. He has not complained of any pain as yet, but I am just curious to know if I should worry. Thank you.

#

This phenomenon is known as phimosis.

Most of the time, steroid ointment that you have applied will help. In your case, it has helped.

So, do not worry even if the opening is small as long as there is no ballooning of the prepuce.

You can get a circumcision if you want to get rid of this problem altogether. But, no hurry to get it done.

For further information consult a child health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

|