Q. My son's penis tip is very narrow. How to correct that?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Published on Jun 07, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My 2 year old son's penis tip has a very narrow opening. The foreskin at the bottom part is quite flexible, but it seems to be attached to the inner meatus at the tip. When I try to pull back the foreskin for cleaning gently, the inner meatus is hardly visible. Earlier, he used to have ballooning while peeing. After application of a corticosteroid cream (Betamil GM) for a couple of months, the ballooning has gone completely. But, the opening is very tiny. He has not complained of any pain as yet, but I am just curious to know if I should worry. Thank you.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

This phenomenon is known as phimosis.

Most of the time, steroid ointment that you have applied will help. In your case, it has helped.

So, do not worry even if the opening is small as long as there is no ballooning of the prepuce.

You can get a circumcision if you want to get rid of this problem altogether. But, no hurry to get it done.

For further information consult a child health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

| 

Can I have sex with phimosis?

Query: Hi doctor,I have phimosis. I am ashamed to have sex with my fiance. Will sex be a problem or uncomfortable in future? Is there any solution other than surgery?  Read Full »

I put scotch tape on penis to regenerate foreskin. Will my babies have birth defects?

Query: Hello doctor, To make a long story short, I used scotch tape and micropore tape respectively on my penis. Two straps of tape were attached to the penis in the form of a cross, so that they met in the tip of the penis' head, while the ends went all the way down to the skin of the shaft. This allowed...  Read Full »

Ask a Child Health Specialist Now