Frequent Urination

Why is it necessary to drink plenty of water while taking Phenazopyridine?

Query: Hello doctor, I have interstitial cystitis. Why should one drink lots of water while taking Phenazopyridine?  Read Full »

Dr. Rashi Verma

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Phenazopyridine is a drug which is used to treat pain, burning urination, increased urination or increased urge to urinate. These symptoms are caused by problems in the lower urinary tract due to infection, injury or any condition that irritated the urinary tract...  Read Full »

Do PKD patients have an urge to urinate always?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 17 years old. I was born with polycystic kidney disease. When I was 14, I was diagnosed as I was having severe chest pain and dizzy spells. I am currently four months postpartum. Since my son was born I have not been able to use the bathroom as frequently as most. It never caused me ...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

Nephrologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you are a patient of polycystic kidney disease, you will be more prone for urinary tract infections, urinary stones or cysts, which could burst and form clots, which can result in obstruction. One cannot be sure unless you get a sonography done. Since you say...  Read Full »

What is the cause for frequent urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I urinate a lot, almost 32 times a day. When I urinate and come back, after a while, I can feel some urine passes my urinary tract, and I have to urinate again. Can you prescribe some tablets?  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We call this as urinary incontinence in medical language. There are so many possibilities which can be responsible for this. Most probably your urinary bladder may fail to empty properly due to weakness of bladder muscle. For this condition, you have to get a USG (u...  Read Full »

How to treat cough, sore throat and increased urinary frequency?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I have some symptoms for the last few days like cough, sore throat, frequent sensation of urinating, with no or very little urine and feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder. It is accompanied by pain, which feels like it is in the urethra. The frequency...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You have not given adequate history. Did you have any unprotected sexual intercourse in recent days? Are you at risk for STD (sexually transmitted disease)? If so, then frequent urination and burning accompanied by some pain can signify som...  Read Full »

Why am I always hungry and thirsty?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old female. My height is 5 feet and 6 inches, and my weight is 160. For the past month, I have been experiencing weight loss, increased hunger, increased thirst, and frequently need to go to the bathroom to pee out large amounts. My skin has become dry. I have also lost...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello doctor, Welcome to icliniq.com. All of these symptoms, along with weight loss and dry skin point to diabetes. Polyphagia refers to excessive hunger or increased appetite. Polydipsia refers to increased thirst. Polyuria refers to increased urination. .I suggest you screen yourself for blood sug...  Read Full »

What is the reason for frequent urination in a non-diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am urinating in every five minutes interval of time daily. This problem does not occur for about ten days in a month. Why the frequency of urine increases though I do not drink excess water. Sometimes in the night, there is a burning sensation. I have the feeling to urinate, but whe...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This can occur due to stress or due to prostate gland swelling. Since it is occurring only some days of a month, stress is the more likely cause. You can share your uroflow and other reports here. If you have done urine routine tests, RBS (random blood sugar), and...  Read Full »

What causes tingling in scrotum after unprotected sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had some urinary issues in the past from a slightly enlarged prostate (37-year-old male). Two months back I had some testicle discomfort. The doctor gave me 10 days Ciprofloxacin. Last month I had unprotected sex. About six days later I had a sudden strong tingling in my scrotu...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern. I do not think that the tests for gonorrhea or chlamydia would have been affected due to a higher volume of urine or oral antibiotics as the urine test relies on the detection of the nucleic acid material of gonorrhea or chlamydia which would ...  Read Full »

I am suffering from frequent urination. What is the cause and treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from frequent urination. I have this problem for six months no burning sensation and no painful urination only frequent urination no BP and sugar, please give me a solution to my problem with the prescription.   Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query. See frequent urination can have a number of causes like UTI, hyperactive bladder, stress, anxiety, excessive intake of liquids or excessive caffeine intake or some underlying cause. If you went through clinical examination and you do not have any i...  Read Full »

My 89-year-old grandmother has constant fear and frequently using toilets. How to handle it?

Query: Hello doctor, So we have a little problem with our grandmother, she is 89-years old. Lately, she is acting like crazy, and she is living in constant fear that she will mess up and she visit the toilet in like 10,15, 20 minutes. The morning is starting with toilet and last till she gets tired with t...  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem very well and as you have mentioned already here that your grandmother already had two cerebrovascular accident (CVA) or in your language brain attacks and one heart attack and she was diagnosed as sclerosis dementia. As the term suggest...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for interstitial lung disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cough and frequent urination. My CT scan report suggests interstitial lung disease. Multiple lymph nodes are enlarged in the abdomen. Please advice.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. The cough could be due to your interstitial lung disease problem. You can be prescribed steroid medication for that lung problem. Avoid smoking because it can worsen lung disease. The frequent urination could be due to urinary tract infection like problem. I sugg...  Read Full »