Frictional Keratosis

I bit the inside of my cheek and now it is swollen. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, For the last two months, I am having small swelling inside the cheek. Also, there is some stiffness in the right throat, but not now. With general surgeon prescription I have used Metrogyl, Diataal, Tinidazole and vitamin tablets. But, still swelling is there and also I am getting some re...  Read Full »

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

What is the spot on my tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I have found this spot on my tongue for the past seven months and for the most part, has not really changed. No symptoms, but can sometimes feel the bumps when I run my finger over it. Does this look like it is a frictional problem or something worse? I am guessing friction based on w...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question and understand your concern. As per your photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it does not look like any severe problem. This could be the friction or irritational in nature due to a sharp tooth edge. This lesion on...  Read Full »

What is the reason for thickening of skin on the toe?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed thickening of the skin on the right toe which is a little darker than the rest of the skin. There is no irritation, or any other issue. I have been applying moisturizer to keep it softer. What are the cause and remedy? I am a diabetic aged 52 years and diabetes is under...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since how many months you have noticed this? Do you have similar lesions anywhere else? Knuckle? Neck? Possibilities are frictional hyperkeratosis or acanthosis nigricans. Most likely it is frictional hyperkeratosis, could be friction from the footwear, since it is loca...  Read Full »

What are these white spots on my tongue?

Query: Hi doctor,I have some white spot on my tongue. I researched on the internet and it looks like white oral cancer lesion. Any of your thoughts will be appreciable. I have attached the pictures for your reference. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Michael Steven Korn

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most often these types of lesions (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are from frictional keratosis that is a soft tissue becomes tough and white due to continuous friction over time. If you were to go and see an oral surgeon for evaluation and possible biops...  Read Full »