Q. What diet plan can be used to gain weight in an anemic?

Dr. Shakti Mishra

My wife was anemic and as per the doctor's advise she was taking Iron tablets. Now she is eating iron-rich foods. However, we need a balanced diet for her to put little more weight. She was 59 kg six months back and now her weight is 54 kg. Need to increase the weight as well along with a balanced diet. Please suggest a good chart for my wife to take iron rich and vitamin-rich food as well as good fat to gain weight.

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert Nutritionist Physiotherapy Yoga
#

As per the reports were taken before the surgery (attachment removed to protect patient identity), please do mention the after reports if any taken. She needs to take a wholesome diet rich in protein along with Iron also. In anyways, do wait for the results to come up and do not hurriedly take any precaution to gain weight. Breakfast should include a sandwich, oats, milk should be made mandatory every morning. Include all kinds of foods in her diet but, four to five small meals per day in an equal interval should be taken. In lunch green vegetables, non-vegetarian like fish especially salmon, small fish are very good. Eggs can be taken in a boiled form in breakfast or lunch but not in the night.

Evening snacks can be soups, juices, beetroot juice, carrot soup, tomato, mixed veg soup, chicken soup. During night time all kinds of pulses and cereals should be taken. One or two breads (chapatti), and any day. Rice half plate and chapatti during lunch time. Banana is rich in Iron. But take during the daytime banana shake, milk banana shake are good. Avoid fatty and oily foods. Fewer spices and salt should be done. Walking is good. Coconut water early in the morning in empty stomach is very good.

|