Q. I have anemia with low ferritin level. Can it be cured with diet and supplements?

My age is 27 years and I am a female. I have anemia with a very low ferritin level 2.1 and HB is 6.5. Can it be cleared by taking diet and iron supplements? Which is a good time to take Zincofer syrup, how much ml? Please advice.

#

Your symptoms are suggestive of iron deficiency anemia. I want to check your full CBC report. The investigations that are suggested in your case is peripheral smear examination, transferrin saturation, and serum TIBC (total iron binding capacity) also. You need to be given iron sucrose injections to replenish lost iron store and to improve hemoglobin level. Then maintenance with oral ferrous ascorbate tablet or iron syrup can be prescribed for three months. Provide your reports to guide you further. Take care.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|