Common "Gender Dysphoria" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Gender Dysphoria

Gender dysphoria is a sense of distress or discomfort that occurs in people whose gender identity varies from their gender-related physical characteristics or sex assigned at birth. People with gender dysphoria often have a strong desire to have secondary sex characteristics and genitals of another gender. It mostly begins in childhood and may continue till adolescence or adulthood.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I am a female and I think I have gender dysphoria. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female, assigned female at birth with female systems and body. I have an issue with what you believe to be dysphoria. I am a woman but I do not feel like one. I am not transgender, I am definitely a woman, I just do not feel woman enough. And it is causing me great distress and...  Read Full »

Dr. Kanani Darshan Jayantilal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to What you are describing sounds like gender dysphoria, which is the distress or discomfort a person may experience due to a mismatch between their gender identity and the sex they were assigned at birth. It is important to know that gender dysphoria affects people of ...  Read Full »

I have gender dysphoria, but my family members are not accepting it, so I feel extremely depressed about it. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I think I have gender dysphoria and may be transgender since I was a kid and always wanted to be a boy, I even told my parents as a kid, but they just laughed it off and got angry at me later. I cross-dress at home when everyone is away. I lie to people online and tell them I am a boy. Wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurav Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. Life is precious, and you get it only once, so please do not think of doing anything that will put your life in danger. First of all, be calm and patient. You are 18 years old you still have a lot of time left on your hand. Do not hurry up an...  Read Full »

I am an 18-year-old girl and feel trapped in my body as I consider myself a man. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old and have felt trapped in my body since I got to my senses. I thought I was like any other guy until I was forced to dress up as a woman. I just hated it, and I still hate being considered a girl. All I know is that the inner me is a man. I consider myself a man since ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. You seem to be suffering from a gender identity disorder. In this disorder, one's psychological setup for identity differs from the biological one, which creates stress and dysphoria. People feel the same as you feel trapp...  Read Full »

I am a 23-year-old boy with the body shape of a female. Please help.

Query: Hi, I am a 23-year-old male with a height of 5 ' 9 " and a weight of 86 kg. I think my body looks like a female body shape, but I am a male adult. Although I have always been like this since my childhood, sometimes, I feel like I am not a male, and I masturbate a lot. My upper body muscles look like...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. Please send me some pictures with the front view and lateral views. Please send me details of your pubertal characters. It will help to diagnose clearly and treat appropriately. Thank you.  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.