Q. Does a non-invasive prenatal screening test (NIPS) help to determine the baby's gender?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

I am pregnant and wanted to know whether it is a baby boy or a girl. Currently, I am in my 24th week of pregnancy.

#

I have gone through the details and report shared by you (attachments removed to protect the patients' identity). You have shared a NIPS (non-invasive prenatal screening test) report with me. You need to understand that this test is for detecting genetic abnormalities. Focus on having a happy and healthy baby and take care of your health. Do not worry about unnecessary details, as babies are god's gift. I am always there for you. Feel free to ask any questions or to share any additional information.

Thank you doctor for the reply,

I just wanted to know out of excitement.

#

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Take care.

|