Q. Pregnancy test shows negative, shall I take medicine to induce periods?

Published on Apr 07, 2018

I got my last period before three months. I have not gotten my periods ever since. I had protected intercourse twice before two months. However, I have no symptom and all the pregnancy tests are negative. Also, I have missed my period the same way, even before once and my cycle is generally longer than 35 days. I am taking homeopathy to induce periods along with some natural home remedies. I was on birth control pills for about three to four months last year.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• In your case, if pregnancy test has been negative, even till date, then you are surely not pregnant.
  • The delay and irregularity need to be evaluated and investigated to rule out PCOS (polycystic ovarian disease), hypothyroidism or hyperprolactinemia, which are the most common reasons for oligomenorrhea in young women.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Since pregnancy has been completely ruled out, can I take any medication to induce periods? Is it safe to take Primolut at this point? Does it have any side effects?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Yes, you can take tablet Primolut-N (Norethisterone) 5 mg twice a day for five days and then your withdrawal bleeding should start in the next five to seven days after taking the last dose.
  • The most common side effect is delayed next one or two cycles.

Could delayed periods be a sign of early onset of menopause?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old female. My periods have been delayed for two weeks. Till now they are normally regular. Could it be the early onset of menopause or they will eventually come?  Read Full »

I am having intermittent palpitations. Is it due to hypothyroidism?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old. Experiencing intermittent palpitations from last three months. ECG, echo, TMT is normal. The lipid profile shows increased triglycerides in serum 189 mg/dl. Recently, I was diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism for which I am taking Levothyroxine from last one m...  Read Full »

Can PCOS cause irregular periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old unmarried woman. Last month my period was irregular. I got my periods on the 30th of last month and it was already 20 days later from the actual due. Initially, I had spotting for five days, then I bled for seven days and again, had spotting for three days. Now, I am bl...  Read Full »