Q. Pregnancy test shows negative, shall I take medicine to induce periods?

I got my last period before three months. I have not gotten my periods ever since. I had protected intercourse twice before two months. However, I have no symptom and all the pregnancy tests are negative. Also, I have missed my period the same way, even before once and my cycle is generally longer than 35 days. I am taking homeopathy to induce periods along with some natural home remedies. I was on birth control pills for about three to four months last year.

#

• In your case, if pregnancy test has been negative, even till date, then you are surely not pregnant.
  • The delay and irregularity need to be evaluated and investigated to rule out PCOS (polycystic ovarian disease), hypothyroidism or hyperprolactinemia, which are the most common reasons for oligomenorrhea in young women.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Since pregnancy has been completely ruled out, can I take any medication to induce periods? Is it safe to take Primolut at this point? Does it have any side effects?

#

• Yes, you can take tablet Primolut-N (Norethisterone) 5 mg twice a day for five days and then your withdrawal bleeding should start in the next five to seven days after taking the last dose.
  • The most common side effect is delayed next one or two cycles.

|