Q. During pregnancy, when will the gender of the baby be more accurate?

Dr. Madhavi Prabhuji Bhati
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 08, 2020

I am 30 years old. I am 26 weeks pregnant. My baby remained breech so far but a few days back got cephalic. My sonographer said baby is female, but she got mild enlarged clitoris. Then I went to my regular doctor and she rejected it. She said that at this level and in this situation gender appears the same. So, do not believe in it. Can you tell me whom should I believe?

#

I understand your concern.

• I cannot say that 26 weeks of gestation is too early to declare the gender.
  • But, due to baby's position and as baby moves constantly it can be a bit difficult to make out the gender accurately. It will be more accurate after 32 weeks.

For further information consult a fetal medicine specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/fetal-medicine-specialist

|