Q. During pregnancy, when will the gender of the baby be more accurate?

Dr. Madhavi Prabhuji Bhati
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 08, 2020

I am 30 years old. I am 26 weeks pregnant. My baby remained breech so far but a few days back got cephalic. My sonographer said baby is female, but she got mild enlarged clitoris. Then I went to my regular doctor and she rejected it. She said that at this level and in this situation gender appears the same. So, do not believe in it. Can you tell me whom should I believe?

#

I understand your concern.

• I cannot say that 26 weeks of gestation is too early to declare the gender.
  • But, due to baby's position and as baby moves constantly it can be a bit difficult to make out the gender accurately. It will be more accurate after 32 weeks.

For further information consult a fetal medicine specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/fetal-medicine-specialist

| 

The girl used her spit for lubrication. Can I be HIV positive?

Query: Hello doctor, My question is regarding a possible HIV exposure six weeks ago. The condom protected vaginal and oral although she did masturbate me without a condom and used spit for lubrication. I took the fourth generation ELISA at four weeks and five weeks and both were negative. I was on a testo...  Read Full »

Some tissue was removed from my mother's womb along with ovary. Will it be cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom had her surgery before two weeks. A 14 cm tissue was removed from her womb as well as her ovary. We are waiting for the results of her biopsy at the moment. Will it be cancer? If so, then what kind of cancer? Is it curable?  Read Full »

How to know the ovulation period if the cycle is irregular?

Query: Hi doctor, I need help in understanding an ovulation period. My last period began around 23 or 24. My period lasts approximately for 6 to 7 days, and my cycle is sometimes irregular and it will be 30-32 days. Can you help me determine my ovulation period? I am currently on Blisovi Fe 1.5/30.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Fetal Medicine Specialist Now