Q. CMIA test is negative. Shall i take Gilo Ghan Vati of Patanjali? Do I have AIDS?

Dr. Sushma Shah
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 08, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 20, 2020

I am 24 years old male. I have done a fourth generation CMIA test which came negative after 10 years of post-exposure. I have also done RT- PCR for HIV1 and HIV2 but both came undetected and my CD4 count is 428. I was sick for the last one year with abdominal pain, oral thrush, body pain, mouth ulcer, neuropathy, lower back pain, etc. So, I am confused that do I have AIDS and is my result false negative. Please help me.

#

The fourth generation CMIA (chemiluminescent microparticle immunoassay) kit test is 99.9 % correct. But symptoms are present. CD4 count is also not that high, but till results are negative. No one can say HIV positive. Go to any government hospital and give the blood test. Privacy is maintained, and confirmation is their whether your previous results are negative or not. This is the way to find out what is the problem. Your immunity is very low, so take Gilo Ghan Vati of Patanjali three times a day after food. It has no side effects. It increases your immunity so as CD4 count.

For more information consult a HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

Are my RT-PCR test fine, that is, target not detected?

#

RT-PCR (reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction) have lots of error. So you never know. So we cannot consider its accuracy.

thank you doctor,

May I go for the PCR DNA qualitative for confirmation?

#

You can, but highly authentic is still fourth generation CMIA kit test. As your CD4 count is not below 350 to 360, the results are negative. You can go for viral load. If it is more than 20 copies, no chance of HIV.

|