Gram Staining

Shall I take Amoxicillin for cough?

Query: Hi doctor, Four weeks ago, I had a cold and chest infection. I self-treated with Amoxicillin and it was resolved. Now, I am getting cough with slight wheeze. Also, it is a productive cough with green sputum. Shall I try Amoxicillin again? I am regularly on Citalopram and Micronor.  Read Full »

Dr. Md. Kais Haider Chowdhury

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have recurrent infection, I would suggest to do investigations first. Currently, I suggest tablet Amoxicillin plus Clavulanic acid (Co-amoxiclav) 625 mg three times a day for seven days.   Read Full »

My problem includes sore throat, chest tightness and fever. What is wrong with me?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been sick for over a month. It started with a sore throat, chest tightness and followed by bronchitis. Now I have stuffy nose and fever. I have taken bronchitis medications (Methylprednisolone, Amoxicillin and BREO inhaler). I have used a nebulizer with Albuterol. I am taking vit...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. You might be having chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with superadded lower respiratory tract infection. In my opinion, you can taper and stop Methylprednisolone as it is a steroid and it further r...  Read Full »

Is low platelet a sign of dengue?

Query: Hi doctor, My father has nagging dry cough for about one month. Our physician has doubted it as allergic bronchitis and the x-ray also justifies the same. As per today, his platelet count is 125000. Is there anything to worry? Or is this a sign of dengue? Myself and my brother have just recovered f...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For dengue, the first and the foremost thing to be present is fever. Dengue is not diagnosed only on the basis of platelet count. Also, mild thrombocytopenia (low platelet) is common in older adults. All you have to check is the trend of platelet count ...  Read Full »

What shall I do for broken nail bed?

Query: Hi doctor, My nail beds are not smooth. The area from where nails are coming out is broken. I am having this problem for more than six years. First, it was there only on a single nail and then it started spreading. Sometimes, watery pus forms near the root of the nail. I have sent the images for you...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that you are suffering from paronychia with ingrown nails. Paronychia is infection around a fingernail. In your case, since you are suffering from last 6 years, it looks like ch...  Read Full »