Four weeks ago, I had a cold and chest infection. I self-treated with Amoxicillin and it was resolved. Now, I am getting cough with slight wheeze. Also, it is a productive cough with green sputum. Shall I try Amoxicillin again? I am regularly on Citalopram and Micronor.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
1. Sputum for AFB (acid-fast bacillus), gram staining, culture and sensitivity and GeneXpert.
2. Complete blood count.
3. Urine routine examination and culture and sensitivity.
4. Serum creatinine and electrolytes.
5. Chest x-ray posteroanterior view.
Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
1 Tablet Co-amoxiclav 625 mg three times daily for seven days after meal.
2. Capsule Omeprazole 20 mg two times daily for 15 days, half an hour before meal.
3. Tablet Paracetamol 500 mg three times daily for 10 days. If the temperature is more than 102 degree Fahrenheit, then take two tablets immediately.
4. Syrup Bromhexine three teaspoons thrice daily for 15 days for cough.
Drink hot water, mix salt with hot water and gargle twice daily.Regarding follow up:
Revert back with the reports to a family physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician
Was this answer helpful?|
Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. What if I have six tablets of 500 mg Paracetamol (Crocin advance) and seven tablets of 500 mg Mefenamic acid (Ponstan forte) at one go (within five minutes)? How bad will it be? What will the side effects be? Read Full »
Query: Hello Doctor, Can I take two Amoxicillin 500 tablets for my first dose of medicines for a tooth infection? Is there anything at home that will take the pain away? Read Full »
Query: Hi doctor, I have applied for a job in abroad. I was asked to get a complete medical checkup. In the chest x-ray report, it was mentioned as bilateral apical inhomogeneities. What does it mean? Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Family Physician Now