Four weeks ago, I had a cold and chest infection. I self-treated with Amoxicillin and it was resolved. Now, I am getting cough with slight wheeze. Also, it is a productive cough with green sputum. Shall I try Amoxicillin again? I am regularly on Citalopram and Micronor.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
1. Sputum for AFB (acid-fast bacillus), gram staining, culture and sensitivity and GeneXpert.
2. Complete blood count.
3. Urine routine examination and culture and sensitivity.
4. Serum creatinine and electrolytes.
5. Chest x-ray posteroanterior view.
Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
1 Tablet Co-amoxiclav 625 mg three times daily for seven days after meal.
2. Capsule Omeprazole 20 mg two times daily for 15 days, half an hour before meal.
3. Tablet Paracetamol 500 mg three times daily for 10 days. If the temperature is more than 102 degree Fahrenheit, then take two tablets immediately.
4. Syrup Bromhexine three teaspoons thrice daily for 15 days for cough.
Drink hot water, mix salt with hot water and gargle twice daily.Regarding follow up:
Revert back with the reports to a family physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician
Was this answer helpful?|
.. your letter that you been having a difficulty breathing and you are concerned about pneumonia. I would like to get some more information in terms of fever, difficulty breathing, bringing up sputum. Is it yellow color or white color. If you are hav... Read fullI have cold and fever for the past three days. How to get cured?
.. a viral or allergic upper respiratory tract infection. Calpol and Combiflam (Ibuprofen with Paracetamol) both should not be used at a time. Use only one drug among these two as they are anti-inflammatory and analgesic. You can also take Vitamin C ... Read fullDoes my chest x-ray show any nodules of concern?
Yes, as long as you do not have any persisting breathlessness or a cough, you do not require any further investigations ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Family Physician Now