Four weeks ago, I had a cold and chest infection. I self-treated with Amoxicillin and it was resolved. Now, I am getting cough with slight wheeze. Also, it is a productive cough with green sputum. Shall I try Amoxicillin again? I am regularly on Citalopram and Micronor.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
1. Sputum for AFB (acid-fast bacillus), gram staining, culture and sensitivity and GeneXpert.
2. Complete blood count.
3. Urine routine examination and culture and sensitivity.
4. Serum creatinine and electrolytes.
5. Chest x-ray posteroanterior view.
Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
1 Tablet Co-amoxiclav 625 mg three times daily for seven days after meal.
2. Capsule Omeprazole 20 mg two times daily for 15 days, half an hour before meal.
3. Tablet Paracetamol 500 mg three times daily for 10 days. If the temperature is more than 102 degree Fahrenheit, then take two tablets immediately.
4. Syrup Bromhexine three teaspoons thrice daily for 15 days for cough.
Drink hot water, mix salt with hot water and gargle twice daily.Regarding follow up:
Revert back with the reports to a family physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
Augmentin is the most common brand available for Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid combination ... Read fullDoes cough and phlegm with itchiness in throat in a cocaine user mean cancer?
.. (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that you have attached shows slightly enlarged tonsils with granular pharyngitis. There is nothing to worry. Your symptoms are due to chronic irritation of your throat which could be due to rhinosin... Read fullWhat are the ways to treat recurring UTI?
You don’t have history of radiotherapy and your ultrasound last time was normal so u will need urine test for TB ( urine test) and x ray of chest furthermore you w... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Family Physician Now