Q. My problem is hair loss. The doctor gave medication of minoxidil and finax

Dr. Devendra Ashok Jadhav
Published on Oct 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am having hair loss problem and now it is in starting stage. I have consulted a doctor for this. He suggested Minoxidil and Finax. I would like to get a second opinion from you.

Dr. Devendra Ashok Jadhav

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

• I am need of few important details regarding your hair fall.
  • What is your age? Do you have any dandruff?
  • If you are young and having hair loss without any dandruff then the prescribed treatment is very correct for you.
  • Minoxidil is a vasodilator which increases blood supply to the hair roots and helps in hair growth whereas Finax is Finasteride.
  • These medications will show effect when using for 1 to 2 months, provided that you must use it compliantly without missing any doses. These are very effective medications.
  • If you have dandruff then please get treated your dandruff which is most commonly by fungal infection of scalp.
  • For that you have to use Ketoconazole shampoo for scalp thrice weekly for three weeks and further treatment depends upon the progress of hair fall.

For further doubts consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have hair fall, itching and white flakes on scalp. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, For four years, I have been suffering from severe hair fall. I have also visited a hair clinic once, but their treatment is too expensive. So, I have not continued the treatment. As my earning is very low, I have never visited any good dermatologist. I have tried various products, but the...  Read Full >>

Dr. Joydeep Singha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is sebopsoriasis of the scalp (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest a shampoo containing Coal tar and Salicylic acid on alternate day and keep it for 5 to 7 minutes on the hair and then wash. There is no evidence of familial type of hair loss fou...  Read Full

I have hair fall of 10 to 20 strands a day. Is there anything to worry?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 14 years old. My problem is that when I brush my hair, I found my hair on it. My hair fall is 10 to 20 hairs a day. Is there anything to worry?  Read Full >>

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hair is one the fastest growing cells in the body. Hair has different growth cycles like anagen (growing phase), telogen (resting phase), and catagen. Losing 50 to 100 hairs per day is considered normal. Old hairs are replaced by new hairs. If you are losing hairs on t...  Read Full