Hair Loss

Can I use Hair4U for hair loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am suffering from hair loss for the past three to four years. I can see my hairline slowly receding from the forehead. I have been suggested Hair4U 10 % lotion and Biotin tablets. Do these drugs have any side effects on the body? Can I take Finasteride for h...  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment started by your doctor is fine. The only thing is that the treatment for hair loss has to be followed for a long time and you need to be regular with your follow up visits. Regarding side effects, both these medications (Hair4U and Biotin tablets) are pre...  Read Full »

Please suggest me medications to prevent hair loss and regrow my hair.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from severe hair loss since the past 45 days. I am only losing my hair on the top and front part of my head and it all started like a month ago. I am not using any medications right now. Basic Details: Male, 25 years old, 5'11", 154 lbs. Please suggest me medications to p...  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. However, I would need to see the images of the affected area to help you better which as to what is could be the possible cause of hair loss and advice the best treatment accordingly. Kindly send images of the scalp for the same. Thanks and...  Read Full »

I am suffering from thinning of hair and male pattern baldness. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from thinning of hair and seeing male pattern baldness which has been passed genetically. It has been quite a few years from where I do not see any growth of hair on the frontal section and crown area of the scalp.  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurav

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send me pictures of your scalp to advice proper treatment.  Read Full »

Does Metoprolol cause hair loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 44 years old and diagnosed with preliminary hypertension. All my tests including ECG, TMT, 2D echo, brain CT scan, pulmonary embolism (to rule out the cause for sinus tachycardia), 48 hours Holter monitor, chest X-ray, lipid profile, and kidney and liver function tests. TMT, 2D ec...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the description it appears, you just have hypertension and no other problems. Firstly, just for hypertension, now beta blockers are not given as a first line medicine. It is given after calcium channel blockers (Amlodipine), ACE (angiotensin-converting enzyme) i...  Read Full »

I am suffering from hair loss, graying hair, dandruff, and baldness. kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from hair loss, graying hair, dandruff, baldness since last five years. I am also suffering from constipation and gas problem.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are several causes for hair loss and premature graying of hair. Changed food habits and life styles, excessive use of different kinds of shampoo and conditioner, hereditary are the major causes. You can prevent them somewhat after changing your food habits and lif...  Read Full »

I have hair loss problem. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I have hair loss problem. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hair fall is a very common issue nowadays. There are several causes for hair fall. It may be genetical or acquired. Acquired hair fall may be due to changes in food habits and lifestyles, using excessive shampoos and conditioners, using hot water to wash hair, direct...  Read Full »

I have dry skin, hair loss, and dandruff, along with scalp discharge. What could cause these symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about scalp issues and hair loss. I am 17 years old, pretty thin, have celiac. I had dry skin on my face for a while but about nine months ago I immediately started to lose hair, experience uncontrollable dandruff, and my skin became dryer than ever. My individual ...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi Scott 1. Diet has nothing to do with acne so keep taking fruits and other stuff. 2. Thyroidal abnormalitis are among the most common causes of Alopecia so don't underestimate it even when it looks very small. 3. Genetics do play a role in cases of androgenic alopecia but not solely responsible...  Read Full »

I am getting hair loss due to dye. What should I do to stop this?

Query: Hello doctor,I got hair loss due to dye, and it left my hair less in other parts of my head. What should I do stop hide this?  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate you asking your problem. In my professional opinion, it could be an allergic reaction triggered due to your hair dye. What happens is that the dye triggers an immunologic mechanism just below the skin at the level of the hair follicles, which either arre...  Read Full »

I am suffering from hair loss, loss of appetite and dysentery. Please suggest remedy.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been recently suffering from hair loss, loss of appetite, and two to three times motion (soft kind of motion) in a day. I have added my blood test report for reference. Please suggest some remedy.  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have a liver problem that is causing these gastroenterology issues. You may also have a deficiency of specific vitamins and zinc, which is due to malabsorption in your gut and makes hair fall worse. These could be due to the high bilirubin in your liver p...  Read Full »

Does my hair crown show hair thinning problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I have recently noticed that my hair crown looked a bit strange. I am willing to know if it is normal or a hair thinning problem. I will attach some pictures of my hair.  Read Full »

Dr. Abid Khan

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to tell you that there is no need to worry about your hair. I have seen the pictures, it is usually this area of the scalp which is thin in most of the males (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Actually, according to research, hair loss is a vici...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.