Q. What is the best treatment option for baldness?

Dr. Vikram

I would like to go for hair transplantation. So, kindly advice me about which is the best option.

Do you have a question on Hair Transplant or Hairfall?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Vikram

MBBS., MS (GEN.SURG)., M.CH (PLASTIC SURG)., MRCS (EDIN)., PGDIP(AES.SURG) UK
Cosmetology Hair Transplant Surgeon Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic

From your photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can see that you have grade 7 baldness with limited donor hair. But, you have also got small, thinned-out hair in the hair loss area.

So my suggestion is as follows.

1. Hair transplant can give you a good frontal hairline and some hair in the crown region with 3500 grafts, not in a single session but in two sessions.
  2. Hair growth is not an immediate process after the procedure. It will take at least eight months to a year to get a complete result. In the meantime, you can increase the quality of the existing hair so that even that will add to the result.

You should understand that the result you can expect is not a head full of hair, but enough hair to cover your baldness.

It is a one-day procedure. You can get a 2000-grafts transplant in one session followed by the second session six months later if you want. You will require a review on the third day after the transplant and it can then be followed up online.

For more information consult a plastic surgeon online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/plastic-surgeon

Thank you for your suggestion. Can we do a 3500-graft transplant in one session? I am getting married next year. So, if it that is possible, then a single session would be much better for me.

Dr. Vikram

Usually, we can do a maximum of 2000 grafts per session.

Does hair fall stop immediately with the use of Proscar?
Query: Hi doctor,I have been on Rogaine for 6 years and now on Proscar for 10 days. I had used it before, but went off. I cannot tell if I am still losing hair or not. Does hair loss stop immediately once Proscar is used?  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Both, Minoxidil and Finasteride takes time to act and in some cases it will take two to three months. Both are FDA - Food and Drug Administration approved for androgenic alopecia. You should always remember that if it is used once, then you need to take it for a lifetime...  Read Full »

Is hair fall common after a surgery?
Query: Hi doctor, Last year, I noticed hair fall. Then, I had a surgery for appendix and post surgery my hair fall increased severely. I have checked vitamin D, B12 and ferritin levels. Everything is normal. Since, I am a vegetarian my doctor put me on some multivitamin tablets. I am also taking biotin tab...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from acute telogen effluvium. Telogen effluvium is a self-limiting disorder and is very common after any surgical procedure. Keep taking the multivitamins and there is no need for Minoxidil because it is mainly for androgenic alopecia. If you applied it...  Read Full »

How do I control hair fall?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. My problem is regular hair fall. How to control hair loss? Also, I want to regrow it. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before I can help you, please answer the following questions so I can be sure it is male pattern baldness or androgenetic alopecia. The average number of hair that fall for you in a day. Are you taking any medication? Have you fallen sick in the past one year? Doe...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now