Q. Please give me a solution for extreme hair loss.

Dr. Sudhir Kumar. N

I am a 19 year old boy with extreme hair loss. Even at this age, my scalp is clearly visible. I tend to lose around 100 strands of hair daily. Please help.

#

A person normally will lose 100 strands of hair daily. The problem of hair fall arises if the person loses more than 100 strands of hair which tends to make a visible scalp leading to androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness.

The main culprit is the DHT-dihydrotestosterone (the pivotal androgen in men) to which the hair is sensitive to, therefore DHT blockers will prevent hair fall.

None required.

Androgenetic alopecia.

The treatment for hair loss has an individual variability, not all treatments will suit for all people and the treatment takes a minimum of 6 months for its full effect.
1. You can continue with Grocapix gel (Capixyl) and Capsule Logihair for now, since these treatments will take some amount of time to show the effect.
2. A new technique called platelet-rich plasma can be tried which should be taken in an interval of 2-3 weeks for 5-6 sittings.
3. Other treatments include Minoxidil, Saw Palmetto lotion and lasers.
Once you send the photographs of your scalp it will be easy to suggest you further treatment options.

Revert back with the photographs to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|