iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDermatologyandrogenetic alopeciaPlease give me a solution for extreme hair loss.

Please give me a solution for extreme hair loss.

Please give me a solution for extreme hair loss.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At December 7, 2017
Reviewed AtJune 26, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am a 19 year old boy with extreme hair loss. Even at this age, my scalp is clearly visible. I tend to lose around 100 strands of hair daily. Please help.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

A person normally will lose 100 strands of hair daily. The problem of hair fall arises if the person loses more than 100 strands of hair which tends to make a visible scalp leading to androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness. The main culprit is the DHT-dihydrotestosterone (the pivotal androgen in men) to which the hair is sensitive to, therefore DHT blockers will prevent hair fall.

Investigations to be done

None required.

Probable diagnosis

Androgenetic alopecia.

Treatment plan

The treatment for hair loss has individual variability, not all treatments will suit all people, and the treatment takes a minimum of six months for its full effect. 1. You can continue with Grocapix gel (hair growth gel) and capsule Logihair (collagen peptide, grape seed extract, multivitamins, multi-minerals, and Amino acids) since these treatments will take some time to show the effect. 2. A new technique called platelet-rich plasma can be tried, which should be taken at intervals of 2 to 3 weeks for 5 to 6 sittings. 3. Other treatments include Minoxidil (antihypertensive vasodilator), Saw Palmetto lotion (a natural serum that promotes hair growth), and lasers. Once you send the photographs of your scalp, it will be easy to suggest further treatment options.

Regarding follow up

Kindly revert with the photographs.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sudhir Kumar. N
Dr. Sudhir Kumar. N


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy