Q. Please give me a solution for extreme hair loss.

Dr. Sudhir Kumar N
Published on Dec 07, 2017

I am a 19 year old boy with extreme hair loss. Even at this age, my scalp is clearly visible. I tend to lose around 100 strands of hair daily. Please help.

Dr. Sudhir Kumar N

Cosmetology Dermatology Hair Transplant Surgeon
#

A person normally will lose 100 strands of hair daily. The problem of hair fall arises if the person loses more than 100 strands of hair which tends to make a visible scalp leading to androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness.

The main culprit is the DHT-dihydrotestosterone (the pivotal androgen in men) to which the hair is sensitive to, therefore DHT blockers will prevent hair fall.

None required.

Androgenetic alopecia.

The treatment for hair loss has an individual variability, not all treatments will suit for all people and the treatment takes a minimum of 6 months for its full effect.
1. You can continue with Grocapix gel (Capixyl) and Capsule Logihair for now, since these treatments will take some amount of time to show the effect.
2. A new technique called platelet-rich plasma can be tried which should be taken in an interval of 2-3 weeks for 5-6 sittings.
3. Other treatments include Minoxidil, Saw Palmetto lotion and lasers.
Once you send the photographs of your scalp it will be easy to suggest you further treatment options.

Revert back with the photographs to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Alopecia - Hair loss Treatment Through Homeopathy

Article Overview: Hair fall problems are at a rise, and even young adults are complaining about it. This article provides homeopathic treatment options for hair fall. Read Article

Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Homeopathic Physician

Nowadays, hair fall problem is gradually increasing. Many young adults have been complaining about hair loss issues. Some of them complain about genetic or hereditary kind of hair loss, while some of them complain hair fall after the use of certain medications or due to some external factors like ch...  Read Article

Why is my head shedding excess hair these days?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been shedding excess hair in the past few weeks. It was just a few in the beginning but now when I comb my hand through my head, 10 to 15 strands of hair come out in my hand. I do not know what is causing this. I have tried to find the reason online but there are lots of theori...  Read Full >>

Dr. Stuti Khare Shukla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly attach an image to know the severity of your problem. It is usually normal to lose 80 to 100 hairs per day. But yes, if you never had a hair fall and are suddenly witnessing it, it might be due to some underlying etiology. As you mentioned about your recent...  Read Full