Q. My problem is regular hair fall. How to control hair loss? Please help.

Dr. Meha Malhotra
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 11, 2018

I am a 24 year old male. My problem is regular hair fall. How to control hair loss? Also, I want to regrow it. Please help.

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Before I can help you, please answer the following questions so I can be sure it is male pattern baldness or androgenetic alopecia.

1. The average number of hair that fall for you in a day.
  2. Are you taking any medication?
  3. Have you fallen sick in the past one year?
  4. Does your father or paternal uncles have baldness?
  5. Do you have dandruff?

I suggest you try Biotin 10 mg orally and Minoxidil 5 % topically. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start the medicine after their consent.

| 

Having dandruff and hairfall. Suggest an Ayurvedic procedure or medicine.

Query: Dear Doctor, I have dandruff problem and it is causing massive hair fall. Kindly suggest me any Ayurvedic procedure or medicine for a cure.  Read Full »

How to stop hair fall soon?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old. I have a problem of hair fall. My hairs fall so quickly, and there is no regrowth of hairs. Please help.  Read Full »

I have hair fall problem, and my hair becomes oily and greasy. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old female, who weighs 88 kg and I am 6.1 feet tall. I wash my hair daily morning, but they become oily and greasy by evening. I also have hair fall problem.  Read Full »