Q. My 1 year old baby fell down and got hurt at the back of the head. Will it cause any complication?

Dr. Sirisha
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hema
Published on Oct 10, 2019

My baby is 1 year old. He fell down from the bed and got hurt at the backside of the head. He got hurt many times the same way. He is not sleeping properly at night and wakes up frequently. I would like to know whether it will cause any complications in the brain or some other problems?

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrics
#

Frequent falls, if associated with any symptoms after the fall, will usually effect the brain. Symptoms like loss of consciousness, vomiting, fits are dangerous. You need to be more careful about falls and prevent them. Crying at night is a common symptom. Normally baby cries during the night if he is hungry or having any discomfort or just wants to be cuddled. If he is fine later, it is probably normal. Sometimes worms can be present in the anal area, causing itch and disturbs the sleep. If the problem persists, then consult your doctor, as he needs to be examined.

What is the reason for constant crying and improper sleep in a 1-month-old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a 1-month-old baby and been facing several issues. He is crying a lot even after feeding him properly, burping him, checking his diaper, making him comfortable and ruling out other health issues and having a hard time in consoling him. We have tried pacifiers for him but avoi...  Read Full >>

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it seems you are taking excellent care of the child. Good. Now for your queries. Children below the age of 6 months sleep in the day and stay awake at night. It is normal. There is no medicine for the same. As regards to consoling a baby, you can use...  Read Full

How to control loose motions in a 1 month old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 1 month old boy baby, his mother died during the delivery. We feed him cow's milk, but he is having loose motions. How to control the loose motions?  Read Full >>

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is so sad to hear about his mom. First, we need to clarify whether he has diarrhea, because sometimes, increased frequency of stools due to gastrocolic reflex may be considered as diarrhea. If he has diarrhea, then we need to look at the causes, for example, infecti...  Read Full

Do you think my head injury is a critical one?

Query: Hi doctor, My head got injured after some part of a concrete ceiling collapse. CT Scan done and I have attached the reports. I was hospitalized three days. An ENT opinion was taken and also, an audiometry was done. It showed a minor injury in the right ear and less audibility. Now, I have some pa...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from brain contusions (microhemorrhages) as well as scalp injuries (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is the cause of the pain and heaviness. You have to take antibiotics, anti-epileptics and painkillers. I suggest the following drug...  Read Full