HomeAnswersCardiologyheart diseaseI experience chest pain on-and-off and feel light-headed. Should I be concerned?

What could be the cause of on-and-off pain in the chest?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. K. Shobana

Published At June 11, 2023
Reviewed AtJanuary 10, 2024

Patient's Query

I have been worried about my heart health for the past many years. Sometimes, I get chest pain in my heart which comes and goes, and often I feel light-headed. I am overweight and sometimes suffer from anxiety. I am also attaching my laboratory test reports. Please help.

I went through your query and understood your concern. It sounds like anxiety and non-cardiac illness. I suggest you get some more tests done to be more sure. Have you undergone a thallium stress scan? It will tell us the perfusion status of the heart. Also, I suggest you take an antacid once daily. This can be an acidity and reflux problem. Try to maintain a healthy lifestyle and do regular exercises. Also, try to reduce weight. Secondly, you can suffer from obstructive sleep apnea if you snore at night, have interrupted sleep, have daytime sleepiness, and have morning headaches. This condition can cause stress on the heart and changes in the echocardiogram. You should get a polysomnography test for this. Kindly consult a specialist doctor, talk with them, and take medicines with their concern. I hope this has helped you. Thanks and regards.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Cardiology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Cardiology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy