Height Gain

Why is my daughter's growth not normal?

Query: Hi doctor,Today, I took my 4.8 years old daughter, who is about 13 kg weight and 94 cm height, to a free growth screening camp. The Doctor has suggested the following laboratory tests. LFT, KFT, TSH, CBC, P/S, ESR, vitamin D3, TTG, IgA level, urine and stool routine. She has also prescribed Bandy P...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your daughter's weight and height are just on the lower side of normal. At this age, if everything else is normal, then height is usually constitutional or genetic, which depends on parental weight and height. They might have the growth spurt later. ...  Read Full »

How much height gain will I have during puberty?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 13 years old. I have been curious about puberty and height. I am currently 5 feet 6 inches and really insecure about my body and height. I feel very hairy and fair. I have been researching tanner stages of development and I am around tanner stage 4. I have hair around my inner thigh...  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate your efforts of going into the details about puberty and its effects on the body. You have done quite a bit of research. You only need to understand a few more things. First, not everybody’s body responds the same way to puberty. The genetic makeup h...  Read Full »

Will my son be short as I am short?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 9 years 1 month old. His height is 119.5 cm and weight is 25.5 kg. He is a very normal and healthy boy. My height is 5 feet 5 inches and my wife's height is 5 feet. I am worried about his height? Please explain me.  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son's weight is fine and height is on the lower side. The body mass index is fine, but could be better. Height usually depends on a few things like the height of the parents genetically related, delay in height spurt and undernutrition. But...  Read Full »

Can a child's height be increased with protein powder?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a son and a daughter. My height is 5.7 and wife is 5.1. I am extremely worried about my children height as we are short. My daughter is now 3 years 10 months old and have 14.5 kg weight and 38 inches tall. She had seizure thrice and taking some sodium liquid medicine for the past th...  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I will try to sort it out for you. As you told me father's height 5.7 that is 170 cm and mother's height is 5.1 that is 155 cm. According to both of your heights, which is an average height of most of the people, the target range fo...  Read Full »

Is there any effective way to increase the height by three to four inches?

Query: Hello doctor, My father's height is 161 cm, mother's height is 152 cm, and my height is 141 cm. My birth weight 2.1 kg although I was born full-term. I had delayed growth since childhood and I attained puberty at the age of 15. No long term medication was taken. No illnesses since childhood, but cr...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. If the general adult height in your race is lesser than the world average then it is difficult to expect a normal height. Also, your growth is delayed and therefore it might be slightly diffic...  Read Full »

I am 5 feet 7 inch in height and I would like to reach 5 feet 9 inch to 5 feet 10 inch. How can I achieve?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 17-year-old. I am 5'7" in height and140 lbs weight. My dad is 5'9, and my mom is 5'1. I would like to at least reach 5'9 to 5'10. My diet is exceptional. I am taking a multivitamin, and I do not have any deficiencies. I am thinking of taking 1500 mg of Glucosamine because I read ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your average expected height is close to 5'6. Best way to help increase height is doing stretching exercises three to four times a week for 20 minutes in a 30 minutes session. You can try Glucosamine for a year but if it is not helping then taking it beyond that may...  Read Full »

Is there any possibility to increase the height from 155 cm to 157.5 cm in a 22 year old man?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 22 years old male and want to join technical duty branch in the Indian Air Force. But my height is 155 cm, and the airforce eligibility criteria for the required height is 157.5 cm. So I cannot hold this height criteria.I want to increase my height by up to 157.5 cm. My mother's he...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Once you achieve 18 years, your bones of the whole body can become fused. Now according to scientific research, there will be very less or no chance to gain height. But for your satisfaction, you can do vigorous exercise pull-ups, yoga practice, and pranayama practi...  Read Full »

Is it possible to increase height after 28 years of age?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it possible to increase height after 28 years? My weight is 68 Kg.  Read Full »

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ayurveda Specialist, Yoga Specialist, Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your age is 28 years you cannot increase your height by yoga or any other exercises. In men the skeletal maturity (growth plate maturity) is attained at the age of 18 to 22 years after which bones cannot grow further. Hence, there is cessation of the vertical growth...  Read Full »

Does HGH help you grow taller?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it possible to grow taller with HGH therapy? I am so extremely insecure about my height. I am 5'10" and I realize that is not that short. My past two girlfriends have broken up with me and mentioned my height as a reason. I realize it sounds ridiculous to other people, but I am worried...  Read Full »

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Height is something that is determined by genes. Yes, there are medicines for increasing height, but it should be used only if you are found to be having growth hormone deficiency. I would want to ask you a few questions. What is your mother's and father's height? What wa...  Read Full »

Please suggest some height gaining tips.

Query: How to increase my height? I am 23 years old.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Growth in terms of height drastically reduces after puberty. You have not mentioned your gender. Theoretically, with proper nutrition and under ideal circumstances, growth in height stops in women at 18 years and in men at 24 years. This does not consider other factors...  Read Full »