Height Gain

I am 5'7" in height and I would like to reach 5'9" to 5'10". How can I achieve?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 17-year-old. I am 5'7" in height and140 lbs weight. My dad is 5'9, and my mom is 5'1. I would like to at least reach 5'9 to 5'10. My diet is exceptional. I am taking a multivitamin, and I do not have any deficiencies. I am thinking of taking 1500 mg of Glucosamine because I read ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your average expected height is close to 5'6. Best way to help increase height is doing stretching exercises three to four times a week for 20 minutes in a 30 minutes session. You can try Glucosamine for a year but if it is not helping then taking it beyond that may...  Read Full »

Is it possible to increase height after 28 years of age?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it possible to increase height after 28 years? My weight is 68 Kg.  Read Full »

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ayurveda Specialist, Yoga Specialist, Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your age is 28 years you cannot increase your height by yoga or any other exercises. In men the skeletal maturity (growth plate maturity) is attained at the age of 18 to 22 years after which bones cannot grow further. Hence, there is cessation of the vertical growth...  Read Full »

Does HGH help you grow taller?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it possible to grow taller with HGH therapy? I am so extremely insecure about my height. I am 5'10" and I realize that is not that short. My past two girlfriends have broken up with me and mentioned my height as a reason. I realize it sounds ridiculous to other people, but I am worried...  Read Full »

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Height is something that is determined by genes. Yes, there are medicines for increasing height, but it should be used only if you are found to be having growth hormone deficiency. I would want to ask you a few questions. What is your mother's and father's height? What wa...  Read Full »

Please suggest some height gaining tips.

Query: How to increase my height? I am 23 years old.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Growth in terms of height drastically reduces after puberty. You have not mentioned your gender. Theoretically, with proper nutrition and under ideal circumstances, growth in height stops in women at 18 years and in men at 24 years. This does not consider other factors...  Read Full »

When does a boy hit his growth spurt?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 and 5'2" I think and I am a guy. When will I hit my growth spurt? My mom is 5' and my dad is 5'10". Grandmother 5'2" and grandfather 5'10".  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I think you are worried about your height. So your growth spurt or as we call puberty should have started already and your height will keep on increasing till 21 but depends on your genes too. As you said your father has a height of 5'10" you might reach a height ...  Read Full »

Can a teenage boy grow taller than his parents?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a boy and my height is 5.1 feet, my father's height is 5.0 feet and mother's height is under 5 feet. So, can I grow 5.6 feet? Because my head is bigger than my body so I look awkward. Kindly help me, please.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreerag B Prasad

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Being a teenager, your body is actively growing in length and you will probably grow more until your bone's growth plates fuse. Taking both your mother's and father's height as 5 feet, the expected height is roughly 5'4'' with a little room for changes either way. Vi...  Read Full »

I am a teenage girl. Will my height increase further?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a girl. My height is 5, but my parents are much taller. My mom's height is 5'6" and father's 5'8". Will I grow or is it my final height? When I went to a doctor in my city he said that I stopped growing. Is it true? I have already had a period for a year and a half?  Read Full »

Dr. Md. Kamrul Hasan Sajib

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern very carefully. You are worried about your height. It is an important issue of everyone’s life. Usually, growth occurs up to 18 years. After that growth ceases. Growth depends on various factors like familial, nutritional, pathological. The high...  Read Full »

How much does lack of exercise during growing years stunt growth?

Query: Hello doctor, How much does lack of exercise during growing years stunt growth? How many inches does it usually subtract from your adult height?  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As of right now, there are no studies to calculate inches lost by physical exercise. However, height is a function of genetics and your parental and ancestral genes play a major role in your physical appearance, but a small amount of environmental change does affect ...  Read Full »

How can I attain appropriate height and weight for my age?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. My weight is 53 kg and height is 167 cm. I look small for my age. There is no appropriate growth. Can you suggest any medication or supplement for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Vidhi Hareshbhai Talati

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and I would like to suggest you some natural way to increase your body growth. There are many factors that affect the body height and weight such as gender, age, genetics, lifestyle, diet, etc. If there is no weight gain despite eating ...  Read Full »

Does a 11 year old require growth hormone therapy for height increase?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 11 years, weight 33 kg, height 134 cm, father's height 165 cm, mother's height 155 cm. The increment in height in the last 2 years was 4 cm/year. Does he need growth hormone therapy? What are the investigations needed?  Read Full »

Dr. Ravikiran M

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son's height falls just below the 10th percentile of height for age (WHO standard). Given that your height (parents' height) is in low to mid normal range compared to the average height of the population at large, your son's height is not lagging behind that far. ...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.