Q. Is it normal for a newborn to have constant hiccups soon after burping?

Answered by Dr. Vishal Parmar and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Hiccups or Gerd? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I would like to ask that what causes constant hiccups soon after burping my son is just 3 weeks old and he constantly has hiccups soon after meals and he swallows too much air during feeding. What should I do to help stop them? Secondly, he throws his head and trunk back a lot and his chest is always pushed is it normal?