Q. Can moisturizer containing hyaluronic acid be used by a teenager?

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

I have bought a moisturizer for my 14-year-old daughter. She has dry skin. The cream says it contains hyaluronic acid. I heard it is used for anti-aging. Will this acid have a negative effect on her skin?

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatology Venereology
#

Hyaluronic acid is good for skin as it has moisturizing properties.

The reason it is used as anti-aging is that of its moisturizing property.

As we age, we lose moisture from the skin along with the loss of collagen from dermal part of the skin.

I would suggest you use this moisturizer which has both ceramide and hyaluronic acid. This is the best combination for the skin.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Please help with itchy red rashes on the thigh.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a problem with dry skin and rashes. I have a history of atopic eczema on the neck for which I am applying Flutivate cream. 4 weeks back some red rashes started coming up with itching. I thought it is because of dry skin, so I applied coconut oil and moisturizer. The redness ha...  Read Full »

Please suggest tips for very dry skin.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 20 year old female. I have too much dry skin. I mean extra dry skin. I use almond oil and moisturizing soap, but it is not effective.  Read Full »