Q. Can moisturizer containing hyaluronic acid be used by a teenager?

Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy

I have bought a moisturizer for my 14-year-old daughter. She has dry skin. The cream says it contains hyaluronic acid. I heard it is used for anti-aging. Will this acid have a negative effect on her skin?

#

Hyaluronic acid is good for skin as it has moisturizing properties.

The reason it is used as anti-aging is that of its moisturizing property.

As we age, we lose moisture from the skin along with the loss of collagen from dermal part of the skin.

I would suggest you use this moisturizer which has both ceramide and hyaluronic acid. This is the best combination for the skin.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|