Common "Hydrocelectomy" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


A hydrocelectomy is a surgical procedure for the testicle. It removes or repairs an abnormal fluid-filled sac (hydrocele) surrounding the testicle. It is a short procedure that takes less than an hour to complete. However, certain risks also associated with it include healing issues, infection, swelling, bruising, and scarring.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Is there any medical treatment for hydrocele other than surgery for my 2-year-old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My two years old baby got a swelling on scrotum. We took him to the hospital, and the doctor said it was a hydrocele. I learned that hydrocele happens when the tract can not close during the baby's formation and should disappear naturally after six to 12 months. So, to get more informatio...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. Hydrocele accumulates fluid in the tunica vaginalis covering the spermatic fascia. It is divided into communicating, noncommunicating and hydrocele of the cord. The hydrocele you read about is communicating one which happens in children. It ...  Read Full »

Is revision surgery required to correct swelling that occurred after hydrocelectomy?

Query: Hi doctor, Thirty days ago, I had a double hydrocelectomy. After surgery, there was a lot of swelling, which was slow to do down, and then suddenly, three weeks out, it quickly went up. Following an ultrasound, my scrotum was aspirated, draining off 1.09 pints of fluid. Two days later, it is once ag...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi,Welcome to Swelling and fluid indicate fluid leaking from the tummy down through the inguinal canal to the scrotum. Hydrocele can be non-communicating, which can be treated by classical hydrocelectomy, but the communicating type should have ligation of the patent vaginalis at the ing...  Read Full »

What can be done for hydrocele other than surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have hydrocele for so many years. But as it is not showing any problem so I left it till now. But now I want to go for hydrocele surgery. Also, I want to know any other methods except surgery which can be done to finish hydrocele. Now I am also going to gym and doing some physical ex...  Read Full »

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to A hydrocele is a benign condition and usually does not lead to any problem. But sometimes, an infection can occur as a complication and I will advise you to get it repaired. Surgery is the only management and it is not much-complicated operation. So do not worry. Mil...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.