Hydrocelectomy

Is revision surgery required to correct swelling that occurred after hydrocelectomy?

Query: Hi doctor, Thirty days ago, I had a double hydrocelectomy. After surgery, there was a lot of swelling, which was slow to do down, and then suddenly, three weeks out, it quickly went up. Following an ultrasound, my scrotum was aspirated, draining off 520 ml of fluid. Two days later, it is once again...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Swelling and fluid indicate fluid leaking from the tummy down through the inguinal canal to the scrotum. Hydrocele can be non-communicating, which can be treated by classical hydrocelectomy, but the communicating type should have ligation of the patent vaginalis at th...  Read Full »

What can be done for hydrocele other than surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,I have hydrocele for so many years. But as it is not showing any problem so I left it till now. But now I want to go for hydrocele surgery. Also, I want to know any other methods except surgery which can be done to finish hydrocele. Now I am also going to gym and doing some physical exe...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A hydrocele is a benign condition and usually does not lead to any problem. But sometimes, an infection can occur as a complication and I will advise you to get it repaired. Surgery is the only management and it is not much-complicated operation. So do not worry. Mil...  Read Full »