Hydrocodone

Is suturing required after all tooth extractions?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an unusual feeling about a month ago. I did not think anything serious was going on. About a week ago, I began experiencing pain on the left side of my mouth. A few days later, I noticed significant swelling near my jawline under my eye. I went to a clinic and the dentist determine...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, your concerns are genuine. There was an abscess formation due to the broken tooth in the upper jaw, so the Dentist took out the tooth and drained the abscess. This increases the effectiveness of the medication and works sooner. You need to complete the course of me...  Read Full »

Could the high levels of TSH be a result of withdrawal from Hydrocodone?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently taking only daily Vitamin with a fish oil omega 3 supplement. I am 5'6, 120 lbs, and 42 years old female. About a year ago I started having problems with my neck. After MRI, it was determined I had a degenerative disc at my C4 to C7. I opted for no surgery and decided t...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have subclinical hypothyroidism. You do not need any treatment for that currently but you need to repeat your thyroid function tests after six weeks again just to be on the safe side. Yes, yo...  Read Full »

I accidentally took too much Vicodin for back pain and it has caused reactions. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 72-year-old woman and having back pain for more than three days across the lower back and sides. It feels like inflammation. How can I tell if this is simple back pain or kidney problems? I take Lithium twice a day (bipolar) and Levothyroxine. Also Vitamins, Fiber gel tablet an...  Read Full »

Dr. Firas Arnaout

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your pain is aggravated by movements and improved by rest, then it is probably due to musculoskeletal rather than kidney problems. One of the tests to find out is to do a urine test to find out if there are signs of infection or blood. You mentioned that you have fat...  Read Full »