Q. I suffer from hyperhidrosis. Please help.

Dr. Dilip Meena
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 22, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 22, 2021

I am suffering from hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating even if I walk a few steps for the past two to three years. Please help.

#

Hyperhidrosis can be because of several reasons, including anxiety, diabetes, thyroid disorders, some drugs, or sometimes without any apparent reason. Are you taking any medications? Is the hyperhidrosis localized on palms or soles or axillae or generalized?

Get the following investigations done.

1. FBS (fasting blood sugar).

2. Thyroid profile.

Meanwhile, you can start the following medication.

Aldry (Aluminum chloride hexahydrate) lotion apply once at night, on the affected area like palms, soles, axillae, etc.

Follow up after three weeks.

No, I am not taking any medication for this. But I am going crazy because of this as I cannot go out socializing or anything. My forehead, scalp, chest, and armpits start sweating even in winter, and I switch on the fan, that too not just normal sweat, but it is like I can soak towels and towels with it.

I am ready to take any medication to stop this. Please help.

#

I think you also need something orally to combat this. Please notice that hyperhidrosis treatment is a slow process and needs to rule out any underlying condition. So get the investigations done, which I asked for, and take the following medication and the lotion I mentioned earlier.

Take tablet Oxypas (Oxybutynin) 2.5 mg three times a day after meals.

Review after three weeks.

|