Q. How to remove the pigmentation on face?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar N
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 23, 2019

The forehead portion above my eyes and the portion of face around eyes became black around four years ago. Please find the photo of my face attached here. I never took any medicine. For the last four months, I am taking some natural remedies such as turmeric, aloevera, etc. Please suggest any proper medicine for this. Also, please see the pores on my cheek. Are these pores curable? My skin is oily always. Please suggest if any type of skin examination to be made for better suggestion. I am using sunscreen lotion now. Could you please suggest any sunscreen lotion from medical ground?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar N

Cosmetology Dermatology Hair Transplant Surgeon
#

I have read your query and have seen your photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• What I have seen is a blackish pigmentation over your forehead and around your eye along with ice pick, rolling and pock-like scars over your cheeks.
  • The blackish pigmentation is termed as periorbital hypermelanosis. The main culprits are stress factors including lack of sleep, overt sun exposure, etc.

Stress in any form.

1. Pigmentary demarcation lines.
2. Lichen planus pigmentosus.

Periorbital hypermelanosis.

1. Start with depigmenting creams like Kojic acid (Kojivit) or Hydroquinone (HHlite) over the black areas in the night-time for two weeks along with a sunscreen (Suncross UVA or Suncross Aquagel or Photostable cream).
2. Sunscreen should be applied compulsorily in the morning time within a span of 2-3 hours like 8 AM, 11 AM and 2 PM all over the face.
3. For the scars a procedure called dermaroller or microdermabrasion can be done from any skin doctor in your area because those scars will not come down with oral or topical medications.

Revert back after two weeks for review to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

As Kojivit is not available in my area, I have ordered it online. After using Suncross Aquagel sunscreen there are some acne or pimples on my face. Is it a normal side effect of the lotion? I am using Lacto Calamine lotion or raw lemon juice at night. So after using lemon for 15 minutes can I use Kojivit? And also along with Kojivit can I use Lacto Calamine?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar N

#

• Once you get Kojivit, you can apply for the black marks and darkness around your eyes along with sunscreen which is a must.
  • Stop applying lemon juice and Lacto Calamine.
  • Lacto Calamine lotion will clog the pores and will produce pimples.
  • Suncross Aquagel usually will not produce pimples because it is a gel and easily dries on the skin once it is applied.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|