Q. After getting wet in the rain yesterday, I got a fever. Please help.

Dr. Sugreev Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2020

I got wet in the rain yesterday when I came home from work. I had a fever last night until now. aside from that I can not take medicine for cold and cough because I have an allergy to medicines. but I do not know which medicine I am allergic because before way back I tried to take advil and suddenly it cause to me that I could not breathe and my eyes rotted which made it difficult for me to breathe. right now I only take anti histamine every time I have cold and cough. and paracetamol if ever i have fever. but I often have a fever and a cold when I am lack of sleep time and when I eat sweet foods.

I am 30 years old and 85 kilos

Dr. Sugreev Singh

#

Welcome to icliniq

Thank you for writing me and i am concern about you.

Actually mam if this fever is due to cold or because you were wet in rain.Usually it will go in 2-3 days and the medicine you are taking is good enough for fever and cold but if you develop any other symptoms and paracetamol doesn’t help.

I would recommend you to do CBC blood test and get antibiotics accordingly.

What dosage of paracetamol are you taking? And how many times a day. You are taking antihistamine it will suppress allergic reaction if there is any. But if your fever continues then antibiotics or other medicines are required. But for now paracetamol is sufficient if do you don’t have high fever.

Let me know if anything else. Call or message anytime thank you

|