Q. How to correct hypermetropia?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on May 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 18, 2020

Before three years I had Lasik surgery for my eyes, which were -7 in both. Afterwards I started developing hypermetropia reaching +1.75 L and +1.5 R. Recently, I started losing focus and binocularity when dealing with near objects and my left eye tends to shift away from my nose that is exotropia. To fix this I have to put some strain to regain binocular vision. My doctor told me to keep wearing my glasses which I always do and I have continuous mild headache and dull aches around my left eye. Besides, I developed floaters, afterimages and halos around light. I got my vision acuity intraocular pressure and fundus examination, which were normal. Kindly let me know the proper management of my case.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• My suggestion is to get cycloplegic refraction done and use glasses as per prescription given after cycloplegic refraction.
  •  Ask your doctor to check your convergence as you might have convergence weakness. If there is convergence weakness then start convergence exercises.
  • Do not worry about exotropia (eyes turned outward). Ask your doctor for cover test both for distance and near after patching your one eye for one hour. This will give us an idea about the amount of exotropia and type of exotropia. This will help us in further management.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

This is a sponsored video. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content/ad in the video.

My right eye pains, and I see blind spots while doing any activity. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My right eye pains and I see blind spots while doing any activity. And I feel my brain and my eyes are not coordinating. I have vitamin B12 deficiency, for which I take injections.  Read Full »

My eye looks smaller after exotropia surgery. Should I worry?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an exotropia surgery before. It was a strabismus kind of thing. But my eye, the one with the condition, is small and the pupil is like looking down. When I take pictures is very noticeable. I need to flip them to make them look normal. Is it normal that my eye is smaller and is ...  Read Full »