Q. My eye power changed as I was using wrong glasses. How to get back my previous vision?

Dr. Pooja Pandya
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 03, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 22, 2021

Before two years, I had an SPH of +0.5 in the right eye and ADD of +1.25. In my left eye, I had an SPH of +0.75 and ADD of +1.25. But I was using a glass having SPH of +1.50 and ADD of +1.25 in my right eye and SPH of +1.50 and ADD of +1.25 in my left eye. Yesterday, I went to a test and I had an SPH of +1.50 in my right eye and an SPH of +1.75 in my left eye. Is it possible for me to have my previous vision?

#

According to your age, you are having hypermetropia. It is called far-sightedness. In this, distant objects can be seen clearly but near focus seems to be blurred without glasses. As you are 46 years old, so this is an age to have a cataract. Once you have it, it gets increased and due to lens changes, you can have changes in the refractive index of the lens. It leads to the improvement of near vision and worsening of distance vision. This can be seen in your condition. You can compare your previous power and recent power. Now, you are not using glasses or power for near vision and it means that you have a cataract at the starting stage. You need to consult an ophthalmologist to undergo a cataract assessment.

|