iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersOphthalmology (Eye Care)hypermetropiaCan you reverse the change in eye power caused by using wrong glasses?

My eye power changed as I was using wrong glasses. How to get back my previous vision?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Published At June 3, 2020
Reviewed AtJuly 26, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

Before two years, I had an SPH of +0.5 in the right eye and ADD of +1.25. In my left eye, I had an SPH of +0.75 and ADD of +1.25. But I was using a glass having SPH of +1.50 and ADD of +1.25 in my right eye and SPH of +1.50 and ADD of +1.25 in my left eye. Yesterday, I went to a test and I had an SPH of +1.50 in my right eye and an SPH of +1.75 in my left eye. Is it possible for me to have my previous vision?


Welcome to icliniq.com.

According to your age, you are having hypermetropia. It is called far-sightedness. In this, distant objects can be seen clearly but near focus seems to be blurred without glasses. As you are 46 years old, so this is an age to have a cataract. Once you have it, it gets increased and due to lens changes, you can have changes in the refractive index of the lens. It leads to the improvement of near vision and worsening of distance vision. This can be seen in your condition. You can compare your previous power and recent power. Now, you are not using glasses or power for near vision and it means that you have a cataract at the starting stage. You need to consult an ophthalmologist to undergo a cataract assessment.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Pandya Pooja  Girishbhai
Dr. Pandya Pooja Girishbhai

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:


Ask your health query to a doctor online

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy