Q. Will scar reopening after surgery cause urinary problem in hypospadias patient?

My son is 5 years old. He is born with hypospadias and had a stage 1 surgery to fix it back two years back. Everything went well so far. However, the following symptoms are now showing up. From the last week, he started to complain when passing urine saying it was stinging him. We went to GP and urine sample showed no infection. Since yesterday, drips of blood are there in his urine. We went to A and E and urine still showed no infection. However, the doctor advised seeing GP tomorrow to get a referral to a Urologist. The doctor is not sure what this could be due to mentioned that a scar could have reopened? Antibiotics prescribed to avoid potential infection? Could you please give us your feedback on these symptoms and let us know what kind of intervention is likely to happen if a complication was established? If it was a buildup of scar tissues or a urethral stricture for example, how would you treat it? We are deeply concerned as the first surgery was so painful and intense.