Hypotension.

How to treat the condition of weakness, dizziness and confusion present in my wife?

Query: My wife is experiencing weakness and dizziness. Her face is trembling, her right hand is shaking and she's experiencing some confusion. Her temperature is normal however. She's also been experiencing neck and back pain since yesterday. She is 31 years old. Her family has a history of diabetes, but s...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello Dear is there any history of vomiting? Any history of exposure to sun for exclusive time? Possible causes accordingly to your history 1. Heat stroke or heat exhaustion. 2. Cervical spondylosis with compressive neuropthy. 3. Acute febrile illness with generalised weakness. 4. Hypotension with g...  Read Full »

Why do I have lightheadedness and pain behind the eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, From time to time, I get a weird lightheaded sensation. I feel such weird sensation while reading, looking at my cell phone, watching television or driving at night. For a moment, I feel as though I may pass out. But, I do not pass out and it goes away quickly. Sometimes, it happens a ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most likely reasons for such episodes are likely to be hypoglycemia or hypotension. Both can manifest with similar presentations with mild dizziness followed by headaches. It is necessary that you should get your blood sugar levels and your blood pressure levels du...  Read Full »

What is the reason for constant chillness and tingling in the fingers?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel tired and constant diligence and coldness in the limbs with tingling in the fingers and legs. I am not diabetic and sick of high blood pressure and cholesterol. And I have a chronic nose allergy, dry skin, and eye and am tired myself not to know the causes. What are the causes ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All these symptoms can be associated with hypertension only. So if we control blood pressure and cholesterol, then everything will become normal. Do not worry. Another reason for weakness can be due to vitamin deficiencies, so we have to rule out that. Please tell ...  Read Full »

What could cause fainting and breathing problem in an 11-year-old boy after jogging?

Query: Hi doctor, My son and I went for a jog. We used to run in our regular route but had not done it for about a week and a half. We would usually run to point A, stop for a few seconds, catch our breath, do a brisk walk, and run back home. However, when we reached point A, we stopped to catch our breath...  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. By your description, it does not seem like the child has any convulsion or seizure disorder. This kind of fainting happening in an 11-year-old, who is otherwise asymptomatic, never had such problems before, there are two things that we need to address immediately. 1...  Read Full »

How is the cause of tiredness diagnosed?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old female. I am single. I feel drowsy all the day while working. Sometime, I feel less energetic when compared to other colleagues. Also, I have gotten pain in the knee joint. Can you please suggest the probable medical test or medication I should take? Thank you. ​  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should have a complete blood count test and a hemoglobin level test as you might be suffering from iron deficiency anemia. Also, measure your blood pressure as you might have hypotension. Please feel free to inform me with the results of your tests. Revert back with ...  Read Full »

What are the first aid measures for someone with low blood pressure?

Query: Hello Doc, Please advise us about what needs to be administered as a first aid to a 61 yr old male who is experiencing Low-blood pressure? His recent blood pressure is 90/44. Feeling dizzy, weak and nauseous. His systolic was improving but his diastolic is still low..He have maintenance medications ...  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Grutas

Answer: Hello! Thank you for reaching out There are many possible cause of low blood pressure and management depends on the cause of the blood pressure. Several medications can be used to treat low blood pressure however, the choice of the medication depends on the cause of the low blood pressure. I re...  Read Full »

What are the risks of undergoing surgery with low blood pressure?

Query: Hi doctor, My 19 year old daughter is having a benign tumor in the liver, predicted as FNH. It has been advised to be removed under surgery, since the tumor is growing in size although insignificantly. She is having a blood pressure reading of only 90/60 mmHg normally for months together. Can she go...  Read Full »

Dr. Sukhdev Garg

Anesthesiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, FNH - focal nodular hyperplasia is a benign condition as you are already explained. Secondly, blood pressure in the range of 90/60 mmHg is quite common in teenage females. Before surgery, she will undergo some routine tests to rule out any othe...  Read Full »

Is BP of 111/63 mmHg normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am feeling very dizzy lately, and I have lost a lot of weight without dieting. I am suffering from headaches a lot. This morning, I was shaking so much, which lasted for about two hours. I checked my blood pressure, and it was 111/63 mmHg. Is this normal?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. Blood pressure of 111/63 mmHg is lower than the normal limit. Low blood pressure can occur in internal blood loss sometimes. There could be lots of reason for getting dizzy and weight loss. You need to be examined and investigated with relevant...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in heart in a hypotensive patient?

Query: Hi doctor, I have low blood pressure and am suffering with low pain in the heart for the past two days.  Read Full »

Dr. Duaa Shubar

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We define low blood pressure if the reading is lower than 90 mm Hg systolic or 60 mm Hg diastolic or if the patient has symptoms which are lightheadedness, dizziness, fainting, blurred vision or lack of concentration. These symptoms are most prominent when individuals g...  Read Full »

What does nonsustained ventricular tachycardia with orthostatic hypotension mean?

Query: Hello doctor,I was recently diagnosed by my cardiologist with nonsustained ventricular tachycardia, unspecified syncope type, and orthostatic hypotension. Also, during an echocardiogram, it was reported. I was recently diagnosed by my cardiologist with nonsustained ventricular tachycardia, unspecifi...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When was it diagnosed? Yes, during the episode of ventricular tachycardia you may feel syncope and palpitations due to reduced stroke volume. You may get it done tilt table test, 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure, ECG monitoring is useful. Do not worry, mild MR, TR m...  Read Full »