Hypotension.

What are the risks of undergoing surgery with low blood pressure?

Query: Hi doctor, My 19 year old daughter is having a benign tumor in the liver, predicted as FNH. It has been advised to be removed under surgery, since the tumor is growing in size although insignificantly. She is having a blood pressure reading of only 90/60 mmHg normally for months together. Can she go...  Read Full »

Dr. Sukhdev Garg

Anesthesiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, FNH - focal nodular hyperplasia is a benign condition as you are already explained. Secondly, blood pressure in the range of 90/60 mmHg is quite common in teenage females. Before surgery, she will undergo some routine tests to rule out any othe...  Read Full »

Is BP of 111/63 mmHg normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am feeling very dizzy lately, and I have lost a lot of weight without dieting. I am suffering from headaches a lot. This morning, I was shaking so much, which lasted for about two hours. I checked my blood pressure, and it was 111/63 mmHg. Is this normal?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. Blood pressure of 111/63 mmHg is lower than the normal limit. Low blood pressure can occur in internal blood loss sometimes. There could be lots of reason for getting dizzy and weight loss. You need to be examined and investigated with relevant...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in heart in a hypotensive patient?

Query: Hi doctor, I have low blood pressure and am suffering with low pain in the heart for the past two days.  Read Full »

Dr. Duaa Shubar

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We define low blood pressure if the reading is lower than 90 mm Hg systolic or 60 mm Hg diastolic or if the patient has symptoms which are lightheadedness, dizziness, fainting, blurred vision or lack of concentration. These symptoms are most prominent when individuals g...  Read Full »

What does nonsustained ventricular tachycardia with orthostatic hypotension mean?

Query: Hello doctor,I was recently diagnosed by my cardiologist with nonsustained ventricular tachycardia, unspecified syncope type, and orthostatic hypotension. Also, during an echocardiogram, it was reported. I was recently diagnosed by my cardiologist with nonsustained ventricular tachycardia, unspecifi...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When was it diagnosed? Yes, during the episode of ventricular tachycardia you may feel syncope and palpitations due to reduced stroke volume. You may get it done tilt table test, 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure, ECG monitoring is useful. Do not worry, mild MR, TR m...  Read Full »

Why do I feel pressure in the body with headache while standing?

Query: Hi doctor, Over the last few days, I have a problem with standing without feeling dizzy. I feel that while I am standing or sitting on a hard surface, that I am in an elevator or a boat. Sometimes it happens when I lay down too. I also feel that there is like a pressure or a wave inside my body tha...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to orthostatic hypotension or thyroid gland dysfunction. Anxiety can mimic this clinical situation too. Coming to this point, I would recommend performing some tests: 1. C...  Read Full »

How to reduce excess oxytocin in brain?

Query: Hi doctor, Two months back, I got married. Then, I involved with excessive kissing with my wife. For the past one month, I am facing some kind of headache and heaviness in the head. I checked with the local physician and they said that there are excess of love hormones in the brain. That is excess o...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern, but I differ in opinion regarding the oxytocin and headache. Oxytocin concentration increases in response to kiss. Prolonged kiss is associated with vasodilation and this in turn reduces headache. Similarly, increased Oxytocin helps in reduc...  Read Full »

What can cause diffuse cerebral atrophy?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister is a 45 year old female. She had two episodes of unconsciousness. Her BP usually is normal at 80/58 mmHg and pulse 76 to 80 beats per minute.  We got an MRI done which showed diffuse cerebral atrophy with chronic ischaemic changes. MRA normal with no flow limiting significant ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the attached MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it seems that vascular pathology is the primary cause for the MRI changes in brain. The current pathology indicates that she had poor blood supply for last few years. The reason may be hypotens...  Read Full »

I over-exerted myself in the gym. How to quicken the recovery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17 year old male. Yesterday, I was at the gym, and I believe I over-exerted myself. I went swimming and played basketball. After 2 hours, I felt very faint. I was lightheaded and sweating profusely, had trouble with breathing and could not walk. I sat down for 30 minutes and wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Shinas Hussain A P

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, and I can understand your concerns. All the symptoms you have mentioned are suggestive of dehydration and hypotension caused by physical exhaustion. You do not need to worry regarding this as it will subside by itself with conservative m...  Read Full »

Why do I feel giddiness, shivering and fast heartbeat in the evening time?

Query: Hi doctor,When I reached home after work, I suddenly got giddiness followed by shivering in the whole body with a fast heartbeat. Even my hands and feet also became cold. It lasted for a maximum time of 30 minutes. The event has always happened in the evening and that too after work. In total four t...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Such kind of symptoms are seen only in the following conditions: Acute anxiety. Low blood pressure or hypotension. Carotid artery stenosis. I would recommend you to check your blood pressure at the time of this event. I would also recommend you t...  Read Full »

Getting a weird lightheadedness and pain behind my eyes. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, From time to time, I get a weird lightheaded sensation. I feel such weird sensation while reading, looking at my cell phone, watching television or driving at night. For a moment, I feel as though I may pass out. But, I do not pass out and it goes away quickly. Sometimes, it happens a ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most likely reasons for such episodes are likely to be hypoglycemia or hypotension. Both can manifest with similar presentations with mild dizziness followed by headaches. It is necessary that you should get your blood sugar levels and your blood pressure levels du...  Read Full »