Q. Why is there pain in heart in a hypotensive patient?

Dr. Duaa Salem Alfituri Shubar
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 19, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 30, 2019

I have low blood pressure and am suffering with low pain in the heart for the past two days.

#

We define low blood pressure if the reading is lower than 90 mm Hg systolic or 60 mm Hg diastolic or if the patient has symptoms which are lightheadedness, dizziness, fainting, blurred vision or lack of concentration. These symptoms are most prominent when individuals go from the lying or sitting position to the standing position. The causes of low blood pressure could be endocrine problems, dehydration, blood loss, severe infection (septicemia), severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis), or lack of nutrients in your diet.

My advice to you is to eat a diet higher in salt, drink a lot of fluid especially in hot weather and while sick with a viral illness. And for your case, try to measure your blood pressure before and after taking normal saline. If there is no change, you can talk to an endocrine specialist.

For more information consult an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

|