Q. Will I-pill tablet work if taken two hours after the act?

Dr. Richa Agarwal
Published on Jan 23, 2018 and last reviewed on: Apr 27, 2019

My wife is 25 years old and she had her period on the 14th of last month. On the 1st of this month, while having intercourse, unfortunately, the condom broke. She had taken I-pill within two hours. Can you please advise if the tablet will work or not?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.

As you had I-pill, the chances of pregnancy are not there in your case.

Delayed menses, if any, are due to hormonal imbalance caused by I-pill. Just wait and watch for your menses.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

For two days, after consumption of I-pill, she experienced a lot of stomach ache and a little white discharge. On the third day, there is no much pain or any discharge. Is that normal? Please advice.

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Yes, it is normal and due to the side effect of I-pill.

No need to worry. Regards.

Does urinating and washing the vagina after sex reduce the chance of pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old married woman. Within two months of my marriage, we often had sexual intercourse, but I do not know if he ever ejaculated inside me. Yesterday, I think he ejaculated inside me, but I am not sure. After sex, I washed my vagina and urinated. Is there any chance of pregnan...  Read Full »

After I-pill, I had slight bleeding that lasted for a day, but no periods. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,I got my last periods between 20th to 25th of last month. I had unprotected sex on the 28th and 1st. I took an I-pill immediately the next morning after both the times. I had a slight bleeding on the 19th that lasted only a day. I did a pregnancy test on the 26th, which was negative. Until...  Read Full »

An i-pill was taken after an unprotected sex. Can she still get pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend who is 30 years old and I ejaculated inside her. The next day she took Unwanted 72 but until now she has not got her periods and not even bleeding. Her period cycle starts after 20 days. She is having cough, cold, body ache, and vomiting. Is she...  Read Full »