Q. Will I-pill tablet work if taken two hours after the act?

Dr. Richa Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 23, 2018 and last reviewed on: Apr 27, 2019

My wife is 25 years old and she had her period on the 14th of last month. On the 1st of this month, while having intercourse, unfortunately, the condom broke. She had taken I-pill within two hours. Can you please advise if the tablet will work or not?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.

As you had I-pill, the chances of pregnancy are not there in your case.

Delayed menses, if any, are due to hormonal imbalance caused by I-pill. Just wait and watch for your menses.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

For two days, after consumption of I-pill, she experienced a lot of stomach ache and a little white discharge. On the third day, there is no much pain or any discharge. Is that normal? Please advice.

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Yes, it is normal and due to the side effect of I-pill.

No need to worry. Regards.

|