Icl Implantation

Is borderline eye pressure a hinderence for Lasik or ICL?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having -9 spherical and -2 and -1.5 cylindrical power in my eyes. I have a border line eye pressure. Doctor said I cannot take laser or ICL surgery but can have ReLex Smile for that power. But it also needs some cornea tissues which is a risk factor for glaucoma. I do not know wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How much is your eye pressure? Did the doctor measure it with an instrument that puffs out air at you or was it a blue light instrument that he used to touch your eye with? From what you have told me, I understand that you are interested in refractive surgery. But the ...  Read Full »

Why am I having burning sensation in eyes after ICL surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I did my ICL surgery six months back. Now my right eye is burning. What can be the cause of that?  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A burning sensation is the chief complaint of patients with dry eyes. The causes of dry eye are several in number and ICL surgery by itself rarely causes dry eye. Although there are innumerable causes of dry eyes, the treatment is purely based on the severity of symp...  Read Full »

Can I get ICL or LASIK for eye power?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old and have been wearing glasses for myopia for six years. I have spectacle powers -9D and -11D in left and right eyes respectively with some small degrees of astigmatism. I had been consulting doctors for LASIK and ICL. I was found ineligible for LASIK but each doctor ...  Read Full »

Dr. Skandha Harshita

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. ICl is a surgical procedure to implant an artificial lens on the natural lens. During the workup of taking up a case for ICL surgery, many parameters are considered as it has a high risk of secondary cataract formation later on. Some of them are endothelial cell count, ...  Read Full »

My eye power is high. Please guide me with any solution.

Query: Dear Doctor, My eye power is very high. re sph 4.25 cycl 4.75 axis 180. le sph 5.25 cycl 3.50 axis is 10. Weight 60 kg, Age 19 years, male, height 6 feet, vegetarian. Guide me with any solution.  Read Full »

Dr. N. Sathian

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you are 19 years old, we need to see whether your power has stabilised. If so, we can reduce your refractive power either through LASIK¬†(laser eye surgery/laser vision correction) or through ICL implantation (Implantable Collamer Lens), based on your eye's fitness ...  Read Full »

What is the chance of transmission of eye problem to next generation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old female. I have a low vision in my right eye with number -18. Can it be cured? What are the chances that it will come to my next generation?  Read Full »

Dr. David J Mathew

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, you have a high myopic refractive error (minus 18 diopter) in the right eye. I am assuming that the vision in your left eye is normal. If it is not, then please let me know. The right eye is likely to be amblyopic that is it did not receive e...  Read Full »