Q. My eye power is high. Please guide me with any solution.

Dr. N. Sathian
Published on Oct 18, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Dear Doctor,

My eye power is very high.

• re sph 4.25 cycl 4.75 axis 180.
  • le sph 5.25 cycl 3.50 axis is 10.

Weight 60 kg, Age 19 years, male, height 6 feet, vegetarian. Guide me with any solution.

Dr. N. Sathian

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.

• Since you are 19 years old, we need to see whether your power has stabilised.
  • If so, we can reduce your refractive power either through LASIK (laser eye surgery/laser vision correction) or through ICL implantation (Implantable Collamer Lens), based on your eye's fitness to the procedure.
  • We cannot reduce your power either with exercise or diet.

Hope, I have answered your query.

For further queries, revert back to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Is it normal to have burning eyes after Lasik?

Query: Hi doctor, I had LASIK done for my eyes two months back. My vision is all right but, I feel a burning sensation at the corners of the eyes (corners from where tear comes). After 20 days of LASIK, (back then) whenever I put any eye drops my eyes started burning. Due to the burning sensation, my eyes ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. LASIK when it is done, corneal nerves will be cut. These corneal nerves take several months to regenerate. This can lead to continuous dryness and irritation in the eyes. Eyes also become hypersensitive. Systane ultra is artificial tear eye drops which is a substitute g...  Read Full

Should I stop weight training after laser eye surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been doing weight training for six months but recently my eye specialist told me to not lift heavy weights because I had laser treatment for retinal holes three years ago. So, should I stop weight training completely or should I drop the weights? Currently, I am doing deadlifts a...  Read Full >>

Dr. Asif Manzoor
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no limit of weight lifting as such. But usually heavy weight lifting or strenuous exercise is banned if there are untreated breaks. If breaks are secured with a sufficient laser that usually takes 1 to 2 weeks for maximum effect. But there is always a risk of n...  Read Full

What is the chance of transmission of eye problem to next generation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old female. I have a low vision in my right eye with number -18. Can it be cured? What are the chances that it will come to my next generation?  Read Full >>

Dr. David J Mathew
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, you have a high myopic refractive error (minus 18 diopter) in the right eye. I am assuming that the vision in your left eye is normal. If it is not, then please let me know. The right eye is likely to be amblyopic that is it did not receive e...  Read Full