Iga Nephropathy

How is nephropathy related to eyes and ears?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 15-years-old. My native kidney biopsy is: Microscopic description: The sample contains renal cortex, with 21 glomeruli (8 of them globally sclerosed). Some glomeruli reveal mild mesangial matrix expansion, marked glomerular hypertrophy, segmental glomerulosclerosis in 4 glomer...  Read Full »

Dr. Manzoor Ahmad Parry

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and the biopsy report. Can you tell me what were the kidney functions of the patient (urea and creatinine)? Also, tell me the urine examination of the patient and if 24-hour urine protein was done? Is there any family history of kidney failure? Wer...  Read Full »

Why is creatinine level increased in IgA nephropathy patient?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 57 years old and have IgA nephropathy for the past eight years which is being treated with Cardace 10 mg, Minipress XL 5 mg, Lipitor 10 mg, and fish oil capsules. I had an ultrasound eight months back which showed normal kidneys. Also, I have a benign prostate (grade 1) and not und...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a rise in creatinine, but that needs to be vigilant to check if we are missing any reason for the rise. We do not have any medicine to reduce creatinine levels. We need to keep the disease activity under control. Your blood pressure should be 120/80 mmHg. You s...  Read Full »