Q. Please evaluate my antibody test report taken after two doses of AstraZeneca vaccine.

Dr. Mohammad Rajja

I did the antibody test after two doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine at a gap of 5.5 weeks. The second dose was before 6 weeks. I want to get my report evaluated. What is the range for antibodies? Thank you.

#

You have an antibody IgG (immunoglobulin G) value of 13.52 U/mL, which means you have enough antibodies to fight COVID.

Now you are protected from COVID. Check again after five months and get the third shot after getting antibody reports.

As of now, you do not need the third dose of vaccine.

Thank You

For further more queries, do contact me.

What is the usual range that people are getting after two shots? Is my value on the lower side or upper side of the range since I have taken the vaccine at five and half weeks gap?

#

Antibodies have no limits. Increased vaccination will increase the antibody level.

A positive test is any antibody level greater than 0.8 U/mL. After the second dose of the Pfizer or BioNTech vaccine, people get as high as 1000 to 2000 U/mL.

Antibodies have a high limit seen up to 2000 U/mL.

If you wish to boost your antibody, then you should retake the vaccine.

|