Q. TSH is very high in a CMV IgG positive patient. Can she become pregnant?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

We are trying for pregnancy. My wife recently got some tests done namely a TORCH profile with the primary sample being serum through the ECLIA method. The toxoplasma IgG was 500.0 positive IU/mL and rubella IgM being 0.20 with negative COI. With the ELISA method, there is HSV I and II IgG antibody at 0.47 and negative AI and HSV I and II IgM antibody at 0.60 and negative AI. The instrument used was fully automated COBAS e411, Roche Germany. The second test was a fertility profile with a primary sample being a serum. The FSH is 7.37 mIU/mL and the method is CLIA. The LH is 5.73 mIU/mL and the method is CLIA. The instrument used was a fully Automated ADVIA Centaur XP, Siemens Germany. The third test was an anti-Mullerian hormone where the primary sample again was serum. The AMH was 2.64 ng/mL and the method was ECLIA. The instrument was a fully automated COBAS e411, Roche Germany. The last test was a thyroid function test with serum as the primary sample. The TSH Ultra was 18.048 H IU/mL and the method was CLIA. Instrument here was a fully automated ADVIA Centaur XP, Siemens Germany. Her ovary releases multiple small sized eggs during ovulation. We are worried about these results. She is tensed seeing high thyroid and rubella & CMV IgG positive. What do these tests suggest? What do we need to do to have a successful pregnancy? Do we need to get any more tests done for a check on her health and take precautions about her health? I am looking forward to your response.

#

Your wife is immune to rubella and CMV (cytomegalovirus). If you just want to be sure about the recent infection get an avidity testing for CMV and rubella infection.

Your TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) is very high. You need to see an endocrinologist or physician for your thyroid.

I suggest you start at least 150 mcg of Thyronorm (Thyroxine) daily empty stomach every morning. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with their consent.

From a pregnancy point of view, your TSH should fall to around 2.4 mcg. Therefore, a repeat TSH after six weeks of treatment is needed.

When your thyroid is under control then plan pregnancy as Thyroxine is required for baby's development.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|