Q. How to manage side effect of Veenat in CML patient?

I am diagnosed with CML with chronic phase TLC was 4.84 lakhs and was on treatment with Hydrox. During the course of treatment, I have developed tinnitus in the right ear. When I got admitted I had severe vertigo. After the treatment I started with Veenat 400 mg, my count came down to 12400 this month. I started treatment four months back. I am facing breathing difficulty and chest pain issue. Please advise if I need to change medicine or how to manage side effect. I am 31 years old female.

Hematology Pathology
#

You have been prescribed an excellent drug for CML (chronic myeloid leukemia) that is Imatinib mesylate. This drug is considered gold standard treatment for CML. It can lead to nausea, musculoskeletal pain, diarrhea, joint pain, pancytopenia, etc., like side effects. So chest pain can be from muscular pain but still, heart failure or other cardiac cause should be ruled out by EKG. Heart failure is a rare side effect of Imatinib.

Secondly, for breathing difficulty respiratory tract infection should be ruled out. In cancer patient on chemotherapy chance of infection is there. Chest X-ray and spirometry like investigation will be helpful in that. So according to report if needed specific treatment can be given. For pain, you can be prescribed paracetamol SOS. Take care.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|