Immobilization

Can you please comment on my MRI report?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached my MRI scan report and I do like to get the remarks.  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a labral tear along with other ligament, muscle and tendon unit injury (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Probably, due to acute shoulder dislocation. Decision regarding surgery depends upon the clinical condition. For further information consu...  Read Full »

Is there any over-the-counter medication for talus fracture?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. Last month, I had a motorcycle accident. I did an x-ray and it is written in the result as: There are bone discontinuity seen in the medial tubercle of the talus of the calcaneus. Such can represent an incomplete linear fracture. No osseous reaction or radiopaque f...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking into your x-ray pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and reading your problem, I got to know about linear undisplaced fracture of the talus. We need to understand the function of the talus bone and its role in the movement of ankle and ...  Read Full »

Kindly check the X-ray of a child and explain whether the fracture is healed or not.

Query: Hello doctor, My 4 years old son fell in the play area and got his left arm fractured (ulna and radius). We went to ER and doctors did alignment and put him on cast and sling. I am attaching the X-rays before and after alignment. In the X-ray after alignment, one of the bones was not aligned proper...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reduction is not appropriate in this case, the bone might join in a 4-year-old child but this is certainly taking a risk. The child requires removal of the cast, reattempt at the closed reduction, application of slab for one week followed by checking of X-ray elb...  Read Full »

Can I do gymnastics while having shoulder pain due to inflammation?

Query: Hello doctor,I have shoulder pain. I was told that where my three fibers meet from my deltoid the point is inflamed or something. She told me it would heal in 4 to 6 weeks but it still bothers me when I do gymnastics. I train in gymnastics seven hours a week.  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you had inflammation at the junction of the meet-up of the tendon to muscles it takes usually 4 to 6 weeks of time. The doctor was right. Post which you should opt for physiotherapy for better assistance. As there is inflammation and the limb stays immobilized for 4...  Read Full »

There is a popping sensation while bending knee after a fall. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old male. I was playing football on Monday and my left foot slipped, naturally I tried to stop myself from falling but my weight went down on my left knee and it bent backward. I did not fall on the ground, I was still standing but it was sore for a few minutes then it...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you mentioned the nature of the injury and now the knee bending is difficult and painful, the first thing you did good was to stabilize the injured knee in the bandage. Now immobilizing the injured part is of utmost importance to avoid further damage to the joint ...  Read Full »

Please check my DICOM X-ray to check for any fracture in foot.

Query: Hello doctor,One week ago I have slipped when walking, fell after hitting the curb, and landed on my right foot in an awkward position from small altitude. I was able to walk with minor to moderate pain, and visited the nearest trauma center in an hour, got an X-ray and cast immobilization, and was ...  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your radiographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) do not show any meta-tarsal fracture. However, a medical cuneiform fracture is seen. Probably it could be a Lisfranc injury. An orthopedic consultation is advisable as you would require casting to stabili...  Read Full »

I cannot stand because of sharp pain from hip. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I had a wound on my right ankle which lasted for some months and my right leg was hanged to enable blood flow to the leg. After two months, the leg was brought down and bandaged while I went for a normal dressing of the wound. I started using the bandage on th...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain could be due to two reasons - one that is coming from the back and the other could be from the hip due to post-immobilization stiffness and possible wasting as you were in two months of immobilization. I would like you to get your pain diagnosed properly bef...  Read Full »

How long will it take to recover from tibia fracture?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from a tibia fracture. How long does it take to recover? When will I start walking again?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have only mentioned that you sustained a fracture in your tibia, it is actually difficult to tell regarding the healing time. I would like to know the exact location of your fracture and management that is done in your case. I would also like to see your recent...  Read Full »