Q. Why is my diabetic father feeling fatigue, lost appetite and lost sleep?

Dr. Chandra Shekhar

My father is feeling fatigue, lost appetite, and lost sleep. We have visited multiple doctors. Being diabetic, we suspected diabetic neuropathy and visited a neurologist. As part of tests, he has taken X-ray also and identified pleural effusion and referred to a pulmonologist with HRCT scan of lungs and GeneXpert sputum. Pulmonologist suggested AFB smear also. HRCT shows effusion, but AFB smear and GeneXpert are negative. Kindly help.

#

All are going towards tuberculosis but if you send me the film pictures then I can say anything. I do not believe in report statements.

For more information consult a pulmonologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

I have attached the films of X-ray and CT scan.

#

It is tuberculosis due to the immunocompromised state by diabetes. Kindly go for sputum GeneXpert. If sputum is not produced, then bronchoscopy is necessary and bronchoscopy guided sputum is extracted and sent to GeneXpert.

|